Windows 8 Hotspot Query Action Required Urgently

Hunney

Hi guyz m new here & hving a small issue pls solve asap
Using Dell Laptop
And wnt to create wifi hotspot using mypublicwifi app becoz it lite app than connectify bt it always stucks at ''obtaining ip address'' in my android phone and sme times connected by entring manually static ip bt no internet access

Connectify is working fine with out any problem but it is too heavy and slowws my lapi toooo

Kindly help me

Regards

Sorry, but if you want to be understood and helped by 'foreigners' please use proper English spelling....
Sorry if i did some thing wrong
I m saying that obtaining ip address problem has been solved now but the main problem is with internet access
Wifi connects but m not able to use internet in my phone

Hmm.. I'm not a phone user as i said above Hunney but i do know a forum member who is basically like a guru with them. I'll send him a pm and ask if he'll look at your issue.

I have an idea as you're now connecting, can you set the connection the phone end to a stack ip and make sure the gateway points at the pc and that the dns addresses use 8.8.8.8 and 8.4.4.4 (googles dns) and see how that goes.

Ok, on the phone goto settings, wifi, find the connection, Long click it and goto modify, in that select advanced settings and it'll let you set an ip,gateway and dns addresses

Ok, on the phone goto settings, wifi, find the connection, Long click it and goto modify, in that select advanced settings and it'll let you set an ip,gateway and dns addresses
It was connected but no internet access

Yes so you need to use a static ip and enter the gateways address and the dns addresses manually

Hunney is there a local store you could take it to? They might be able to help?

Hunney is there a local store you could take it to? They might be able to help?
Ooohhhh Dude pls dnt become over smart you are just a kiddo for me so pls dont teach me what 2 do..........
You are just a noob for me okh
Anyway tq for all help
I m here because i dont know much more about computer softwares alrite

Ooohhhh Dude pls dnt become over smart you are just a kiddo for me so pls dont teach me what 2 do..........
You are just a noob for me okh
Anyway tq for all help
I m here because i dont know much more about computer softwares alrite
Sorry, but we are a non Microsoft forum, with helpful and friendly people trying to help each other. And if you want a rating for Kemical, he has a score of about 12 on a scale from 1 to 10.
Grow up, start learning, tell us what you have tried, we guide you safely to next step.

Probably I am over reacting, but...
Sorry again,
Henk

Last edited:
Wow thank you Henk for the very kind words.
Hunney,
I wasn't trying to be 'smart' as you put it. It was simply a suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom