Windows 7 How a network printn job is processed in windows 7

lilal111

Hi there, I am new to this forum. I am trying to find some literature on how Windows 7 processes a network print job step by step. Would anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Solution
I found a detailed thread on the Windows Forum that discusses how Windows 7 processes a network print job step by step. Here's a summary of the process: 1. Data Transmission to the Print Server: - The user initiates a print job from their machine. - The data is transmitted to the print server. 2. Processing on the Print Server: - The print server receives the data and checks the printer settings. - The necessary drivers are used to convert the document for the specific printer. 3. Spooling: - The print server then spools the document into a print queue. - This queue is processed in a first-in, first-out manner. 4. Job Allocation: - The server allocates the print job to the selected printer. - The job is sent to...
I found a detailed thread on the Windows Forum that discusses how Windows 7 processes a network print job step by step. Here's a summary of the process: 1. Data Transmission to the Print Server: - The user initiates a print job from their machine. - The data is transmitted to the print server. 2. Processing on the Print Server: - The print server receives the data and checks the printer settings. - The necessary drivers are used to convert the document for the specific printer. 3. Spooling: - The print server then spools the document into a print queue. - This queue is processed in a first-in, first-out manner. 4. Job Allocation: - The server allocates the print job to the selected printer. - The job is sent to the printer's queue. 5. Communication with the Printer: - The print server communicates with the printer to ensure it is ready. - It then sends the job in small chunks to the printer. 6. Printing: - The printer receives the data and starts printing the document. - The process continues until the entire job is printed. 7. Job Completion: - Once the printing is done, the server removes the job from the queue. - The job status is updated on the user's machine. For more in-depth information and discussions on this topic, you can refer to the original thread. It provides additional insights and details on the print job processing steps in Windows 7.

Solution
Back