Windows 7 How About a CPU + Mobo Combo for Under $100 USD?

pagroundhog

Hello all,

This information is intended for anyone on a budget. First off, let's take a look at the motherboard:

Newegg.com - ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

This $49.95 motherboard has one SATA III port, multiple SATA II ports, and offers up to 8 USB 2.0 ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports (if all headers are used). It also supports HD2500 and HD 4000 CPU graphics' capabilities. It also has an adequate set of UEFI and legacy BIOS options and does support secure boot. Oh, BTW, did I mention that it is PCI-e 3.0 ready? Here's a link to the ASROCK website for more information:

ASRock > B75M-DGS R2.0

Now, for the CPU:

Found this brand new Intel G2020 2.9GHz dual-core CPU (just released Q1, 2013) for $49.99 that will easily meet your everyday computing needs. Now, it does not support/have hyper-threading capabilities (to emulate 4 cores) but it performs well anyway. So, when coupled with the above motherboard, you'll get integrated HD2500 graphics without the need for an external PCI-E card. It also comes with its own fan/heatsink combo and runs very cool (55W architecture) at stock speeds. You can also control the speed of the fan when connected properly to the motherboard header.

Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and more!

So, in combo, here are the Windows 8 WEI scores you can expect to see:

CPU - 6.9
Memory - 7.7 (8GB of standard 1333MHz RAM)
2D Graphics - 5.0
3D Graphics - 5.9
Disk - 8.0 (or higher when using an SSD on the SATA III port)

One other note: The G2020 speed will throttle based on demand. Mine idles at around 1.57MHz.

Well, that's about it! Installation was fun and easy and I've had no issues. So, if you are on a budget and/or you just don't like spending more than you need to, then this combo may work for you! (NOT FOR GAMERS)

Back
Top Bottom