Windows 8 How can I organize a MASSIVE messy folder?

Astralogic

Hi, I have a gargantuan wallpaper folder that I download wallpaper packs into every day. I've done this for years and that folder is... imposing to say the least.

The problem is it's not sorted. The packs inside it are either a folder or an archive. I would like a program (PLEASE tell me one exists) that will for example move all folders and archives in the root of this folder to a new folder simply based on a keyword found within the title of said folder and archive, eg if it has "nature" in its file name put it in a folder called nature etc.

This would be an easy way to sort out that hell hole.

Please tell me a program like exists! Or does anyone know of another way to sort it?

I don't just have "nature" wallpapers there are several category folders I want to create, mixed, dreamy, anime, etc.

Thanks

I would use an indexing program like Everything and point it to your folder and do searches through it since it allows multiple selection copy/move etc..

In the options you can specify which NTFS drives to monitor (just temporary disable them all) and then include the folder. I can include screenshots if you want, but it's pretty self explanatory.

Actually you can use the context menu in Explorer that Everything adds to "Search Everything..." if you simply right click the folder in question, then choose that option it will add the filter to only search that specific folder and subfolders for content!

Basically the right click option will just add to Everything's search bar like this:
"C:\search\here"

Then you can add keywords after it to filter for specific content.

Last edited:
Back