Windows 7 How can I print a screen ? Or is it called a sreen shot ?

Seabee

There have been times when I would like to print what I see on the screen. I see a key that has PrtScn & SysRq but not sure how to use it. Thanks for your help.

You can use the snipping tool to capture whatever part of the desktop you want. You can use Print Screen to capture the entire desktop and then paste into something like Paint, or you can use ALT+PrintScreen to capture an active window and then paste into another app.

You can use the snipping tool to capture whatever part of the desktop you want. You can use Print Screen to capture the entire desktop and then paste into something like Paint, or you can use ALT+PrintScreen to capture an active window and then paste into another app.

Ok,saltgrass,,,what is a snipping tool & how do I use it to capture just part of the screen ?
If I use alt+printscreen,how do I paste it to paint or msword ? I've highlighted stuff & did copy & paste but not sure how alt+prtscn works. Is that keystroke(s) the same as copy or cut ?

The Snipping Tool is an accessory with Windows 7. Open it after selecting the Start Menu, all Programs, and Accessories, and you will see how it works, or perhaps use the Help and Support.

When you select ALT+Print Screen, it puts the active Window on the Clipboard. You paste it as you would anything else......

If you want to use prtscn key
then press it when you want to capture a picture, open paint and paste it :cool:

Back