Windows 8 How can install my windows 8.1 ona ssd?

yakov

Extraordinary Member
Hi I need a little help installing 8.1 on a ssd....
In short, yesterday I purchased a new HP ENVY 700-230eq desktop that runs on a quad core 4th gen. I7 processor 16gb of ram it also runs on a 2gb. Grafics card and a 2 tb. hhd. And last but not least it works all this great hard ware on the windows 8.1 system.
The computer comes with three slots to place more hard drives in them, and newegg was having a sale on a samsumg 120 gb. Ssd for 80 bucks.
the computers did not come yet so they are still in the box, how can I get the windows 8.1 system off the 2 tb. Hhd, and put in on a ssd, and only using the hhd for files and all program will and should be downloaded on the ssd?

Before you do anything, be sure to create a USB recovery media for repair purposes if you run into problems in the future. Then clone the HDD to an SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. Don't format the original hard drive with the original Win 8 while your computer is still under warranty. Just keep the original OS on a separate partition as your system backup and you can use the rest of the space for your data. Then set your boot priority in BIOS to make the SSD as the primary boot drive. Don't install your programs on the HDD. Install them on SSD to take advantage of the load up speed. Just keep your files separate.

Thanks I will try
I will let you know what happens
You might want to tweak up your PC first before cloning it. Like uninstalling all the bloatware, uninstall Norton/McAfee (replace them with Avast or anything else but those 2) and install your favorite programs first. Then create a system image and then clone it to the SSD.

The problem is I just relized I orderd 8.1 so now I have to get rid of that also unles there is a way that I could get win. 7 on it ....
But you are right got to get those programs off .....

But you are right got to get those programs off .....[/QUOTE]

If you, already, are fortunate enough to have 8.1, you do not want to go backwards to 7.

In regard to getting rid of unneeded & unwanted 'bloatware' or 'bundled junk'... absolutely. It's one of the problems w/ pre-loaded, off-the-shelf machines. But, in regard to security programs offered on these machines... Brands have partnerships w/ 3rd Party companies, ergo they stick OFFERS to use 3rd Party securities. You have no need or obligation to use them, especially not when we are talking about things like Norton or McAfee. Nor to you need to go to some other 3rd Party just to avoid those 2. Nor do they have to be uninstalled! If you don't take them, they won't be installed. Ignore them & just use the security that is embedded, natively, in the OS. It (Windows Defender) is ON, by default, from the moment the machine is powered, IF you don't go & override it by installing something else.

Cheers,
Drew
290_Windows8_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom