Windows 8 How delete a partition?

gianniscfa

Hello, i have windows 8 64bit.. i have 1 partition D 186gb.. my HDD is 500gb.. i want to merge the D partition but i cant, i have try with all programms for partitions but this not fix my problem.. please help me, i dont have space..

• Copy the data to the C drive
  • Right click on Computer > Manage
  • Select Disk Management
  • Right click on the D partition and select "Delete volume"
  • Right click on C partition and select "Extend volume"

You can also use programs such as Partition Magic or GParted partition editor in the UBCD boot disc available for free at ubcd.com to do the same thing. Make sure to backup any Personal data on your existing D: partition prior to attempting the partition merge.
:)

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

That sounds good, I haven't tried it on W8x yet as I don't have any W8x licenses on any machines but Customer machines. I wonder if they have updated it to work with W10 yet? :andwhat:

From another thread I read here yesterday, they have now updated their Backupper program (AB) to work with W10 to make Image Backups and do Drive Cloning. So we hear. None of us W10 Insider Testers have actually tried it. I'm going to give it a go as soon as I can clear my decks of Customer repairs. :lightbulb: :)

It's interesting that W10 just celebrated it's 1-year Anniversary last month, and AOEMI is just catching up with these functions on their APP. The big guys; Macrium, Acronis, and EASETodo we've tested had their APPs updated in the first month after the W10 release. o_O

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hey guys I need your help again. I am going to sell my hdd to guy.. and I want to merge my hard drive.. I mean I was on 500gb and I make it 250gb.. and now should make it by default . . help me to default that.. I tried multiple programs but nothing helps...

Then all you need to do is copy the data to the C drive, delete the second partition in disk management and extend the C drive

I've told you how you can delete the partition. It's hard to give you advice when you're not giving us a whole lot of information to go on. Take a screen shot of disk management with the partition you are trying to remove and which you are trying to extend.

You would of had to manually create all those partitions. I would delete all 4 on the right (F, New, New, D) then you can merge that space into the C drive. You can't merge non-contiguous space in Windows. The first two partitions (New volume, and the small one) would have had to been created during install and don't need to be there, but you would need to boot into something like a live linux disc and use gparted to get rid of those and reclaim that space, or do a clean install of Windows.

The one small one just before C: is for EFI boot. Removing that would be an awful idea. The others ot the right, I'd just delete the volumes and then expand inot the unused space.

Back