Windows 10 How do I get my window.old back

Gbengasokunbi02

Hi

I upgrade my laptop from window 7 to window 10 and I have my old files stored in window.old of resent I could not find them again please is there anyone who can help I need this files back it very important documents of over 10 years

The windows.old directory wouldn't contain any personal data only system files. If you waited 30 days or more then that directory would have been removed. If it's been a lot longer than 30 days then the space where those files resided would most likely of been overridden with new data. If it was recently deleted you may be able to recover them with a tool such as GetDataBack, Recurva, or testdisk. Recovered data should be written to a different disk than the one being recovered from.

Hello,

You can bring back the Windows.old folder by performing a system restore.

This feature allows you to turn back the clock and restore your computer to a time when you still had the Windows.old folder on your computer.

The only potential issue is your computer might not be creating restore points yet as some computers don't have this feature turned on by default.

Last edited:
Back