mongoose665

I have gone into Appearance and Personalisation, then clicked Adjust Screen Resolution, then Advanced Settings, I click Troubleshoot but the Change Settings button is greyed out as I can't click it, with a little administrator shield next to it. I am the only user and the [FONT=inherit ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]admin[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][/FONT][/FONT] on this computer. Please help? :sad_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
It seems like you're encountering an issue where you are unable to change the screen resolution settings on your computer due to the "Change Settings" button being greyed out with an administrator shield next to it. This can happen when there are restrictions on your account preventing you from making these changes, even if you are the administrator.
Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:
1. Run Troubleshooter as an Administrator:
- Right-click on the Troubleshooter option and select "Run as administrator." This might prompt for the administrator password. Running as an administrator may allow you to make the necessary changes.
2. Check Group Policy Settings:
- Sometimes, group policy settings could...
It seems like you're encountering an issue where you are unable to change the screen resolution settings on your computer due to the "Change Settings" button being greyed out with an administrator shield next to it. This can happen when there are restrictions on your account preventing you from making these changes, even if you are the administrator.
Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:
1. Run Troubleshooter as an Administrator:
- Right-click on the Troubleshooter option and select "Run as administrator." This might prompt for the administrator password. Running as an administrator may allow you to make the necessary changes.
2. Check Group Policy Settings:
- Sometimes, group policy settings could restrict access to certain features. You can check the local group policy settings by typing gpedit.msc in the Windows search bar.

3. User Account Control (UAC) Settings:
- Adjust the User Account Control settings to allow changes to be made. You can find this in the Control Panel under User Accounts.
4. Create a New Administrator Account:
- If the above steps do not work, try creating a new user account with administrative privileges. This new account might not have the same restrictions.
5. System File Checker:
- Run a System File Checker scan to check for and repair any corrupt system files that may be causing the issue. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command sfc /scannow.
6. Check for Updates:
- Ensure that your system is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Sometimes, outdated system files can lead to such issues.
Try these steps one by one and see if any of them help you resolve the problem with changing the screen resolution settings. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back