Windows 10 How do you add addresses in the Mail App?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

One of my friends just called and asked my how to add addresses to his address book in the Windows 10 mail app.

I said just a minute and booted up my computer and opened up the mail app.
This should be easy, right?

Well after about 10 minutes of trying to find a way to even see the address book we gave up.

So that's my question, how do you access the address book, and how do you add and remove addresses in it.

This is what I hate about the Windows 10 apps, why can't they just have an obvious button that says Address Book?

Mike

Hi

I still can't find it, I've gone through everything in the mail app and no contacts etc.

Mike

Hi again.

OK, I think I found it.

I never considered this but, it's in a separate app called People, not available from the Mail application.

I haven't tried to add anyone yet but this seems to be the place that you add to your contacts list.

I'll tell my friend and he can try it out.

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:
Same here, when I first used the mail app, I have been looking over and over again for some reference to 'Contacts', like there is in almost any other mail client.
Who ever decided that we won't get it? MS decisions are misterious....

Anyway greetings from the Netherlands,
Henk

Last edited:
Hi

Greetings from Ada, Michigan.

Holland Michigan is just east of here, on Lake Michigan.
They have windmills, a tulip festival, and a big Dutch population.

I had a pair of wooden shoes when I was a kid. LOL

This whole area has a lot of people of Dutch decent including Ada.
There are more Van somethings in the phone book then anything else.

Also the families that started Amway, located in Ada, MI (the only Billionaires in our area).

Mike

When I was very small, just after WWII, I too had a pair of those things, could not walk in it.
And during WWII, my parents had to eat tulip bulbs, because there was hardly any food. And then I was born...
We never get rid of these wooden shoe and tulip nonsens.....

But they make a lovely scenery in spring.
Be welcome.
Henk

Back