how the logon screen evolved during Windows 7 development.

Awesome find Whoosh! ;) Very entertaining read.. Just goes to show how much Windows 7 changed over it's development even though to some it didn't appear as though it was changing at all cosmetically... ;)

Awesome find Whoosh! ;) Very entertaining read.. Just goes to show how much Windows 7 changed over it's development even though to some it didn't appear as though it was changing at all cosmetically... ;)

Yes ,guess we take a lot of it for granted , without thinking about all the work that goes into it ;)

As usual, the cynic steps in!
I am more of a loyalist towards Microsoft than most, and I get on well with all their products. But it surprises me that it took a team of, I believe, more than 20 personnel to come up with the final desktop. With a couple of hours discussion of the basic requirements, I think the average graphics enthusiast could have produced that final version in about 15 minutes.

However, on the subject of the though behind it. I can understand the need for something with very little graphic intrusion, but it seems that, when looking through threads where members show off their desktops, a majority , almost on their first customisation, seem to change the standard for a graphically heavy picture. Perhaps the Microsoft desktop designers should have just introduced an unadorned, simple, one colour desktop, with the options, still there, to change to whatever they fancied?

Back
Top Bottom