Windows Vista How to add aero in vista basic?

How to add aero in vista basic?
Plz let me know if possible!

1. Disable UAC

2. From the Start button, type REGEDIT into the Search box, then press Enter to launch the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)

3. Locate the following key in the registry:

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERHKEY_CURRENT_USERHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM
4. Modify the following value (REG_DWORD): Composition Change the existing value to 1

5. Modify the following value (REG_DWORD): CompositionPolicy Change the existing value to 2

6. Close Registry Editor

7. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator

8. In the Command Prompt window, type:

Code:
net stop uxsms
9. Wait for the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service to stop, and do not close the command prompt yet

10. In the Command Prompt window, type:

Code:
net start uxsms
Now wait for the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service to start. Reboot your PC. Go to Control Panel > Personalize > Themes > Aero should be in there.

Enjoy !

Links:

petri.co.il

Link Removed - Invalid URL

ghacks.net

Please give your feedback.

Lost Thread?

Hi! Quite possible.... Does not upgrade to a Home Premium. Windows won't give the same rights, however, you do get the areo feature. ]Windows Vista - Windows 7 Forums

:( I had a connection to another thread in Vista Forums to answer this question----must have gotten lost in the computer transfer.....

Enable Aero Glass In Vista Home Basic

Regedit

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/DWM/

Composition- 1
Composition Policy- 2

Right Click Command Prompt and run as administrator

Net stop UXSMS
Net Start UXUMS

Done....

I am first time visiting this nice forum, my freinds are alwasys asking me for the good recourses to read out and now I am gonna suggest them this nice one

Welcome to windows7forums, Hector. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To enable Aero:

copy this to notepad and save it as Link Removed due to 404 Error, then double-click on Aero.reg and confirm changes:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"Composition"=dword:00000001
"CompositionPolicy"=dword:00000002

Reboot.

Attachments

• Aero.zip
    270 bytes · Views: 482
Back
Top Bottom