Windows 7 How to backup VISTA prior to upgrade

brom

OK... scenario is, I have a dual boot system... strangely enough its 2 versions of Vista Business 64bit. One for my system, and the other one is for testing.. So I dont scram my good instal.

I am quite adept of backing up important info and re installing all the required software. but... Ive had enough of doing that all the time.

So... can I essentially copy my C: partition to another location (partition or other hard drive) as a backup and make it dual bootable should the worst happen when I upgrade to WIN7 PRO?

If yes, then how? is there a backup/copy software that will do a one for one copy and allow a dual boot into either version.
Then I wish to attempt an upgrade and if all is good..... good. If not then I go into my ''copy'' version and send it back to where it was and do a clean instal option. Now I have dual boot vista and win7 with a virtual xp running as well when required.

Thanks in advance.
Keith

Thanks for that, but I was hoping (maybe assuming) that the upgrade will keep my installed software settings and save games all intact without me having to go through the long process of tweaking back to the way I like it. I have used the RC version and loved it. I was hoping for the minimal amount of work.

Thanks for that, but I was hoping (maybe assuming) that the upgrade will keep my installed software settings and save games all intact without me having to go through the long process of tweaking back to the way I like it. I have used the RC version and loved it. I was hoping for the minimal amount of work.

You can use easy transfer to backup your software and settings.. install Win 7 to a clean install and then restore from the easy transfer.

Back