Windows 10 How to block a give application files from loading at start up

marcos9999

I'm trying to insulate an app that is causing problems so it can be deleted. I need to do it one by one. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

If it's an application just go into task manager > Startup, select the application and click disable. If it's a service you need to go into services.msc , location it and change the start up time to disabled.

The Karspasky app (the suspicious one) cannot be stopped. It says "access denied" Is there a way around that? Is there a way to physically remove every single file from this app?

There is.

We deleted it several years ago, when the truth about its uses to the Russian government were exposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has never been any proof that Kaspersky is using it's software as a spying tool for the Russian government. There has always been that fear; however, there code is subject to external audit/review and again no connection to the government.

If you read the article it states "suspected" and again there is no proof. I personally don't use them for that suspicion.

Well, we got a repeated alert for several days on our PC when we were still using it, and IT people we know also said disconnecting was a good idea. We went with that.

You could argue that American companies have ties to the American government in that the government can lawfully request data from said companies the same way the Russian government can probably do the same of locally head quartered companies. Kaspersky also went as far as to spend 12 million to relocate it's data center to Sweden as part of it's transparency initiative.

I personally do not trust any technology from Russia or China especially China with it's very publicly known big brother approach with it's citizens , companies and data.

Holy crap! I didn't even had Russia worry in my mind. I think I'll rebuild my hard drive with a clean install! That will take care of two problems.

Please read the preceding comments carefully. You need antimalware protection. Therefore, investigate thoroughly before buying. Reviewing PC industry ratings is just the first step.

While Kaspersky is a Russian based company they are still well regarded in the cyber security community. If you do end of switching security vendors I'd keep in mind that Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware are more or less used interchangeably and typically offer the same protection where as an "internet security suite" product will often include additional features such as it's own firewall (use instead of Windows firewall), remote locate, remote wipe, backup functionality and some times others. A couple of good site for reviews are here

The Best Antivirus Protection for 2019

and here

Consumer | AV-Comparatives

I personally have used Webroot on all of my devices (the internet security suite is a 5 license product). Webroot is extremely light weight and heavy on cloud analytics and AI with a different approach that journals all activity on your system. Unknown processes are marked and journal while the binaries are sent to the cloud for analysis. If Webroot determines the process is malicious Webroot will simply undo all of the changes made including ransomware. Common attack types (such as those that harvest data are blocked right away. Webroot is based out of Boulder Colorado (I almost worked there)

While Kaspersky is a Russian based company they are still well regarded in the cyber security community. If you do end of switching security vendors I'd keep in mind that Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware are more or less used interchangeably and typically offer the same protection where as an "internet security suite" product will often include additional features such as it's own firewall (use instead of Windows firewall), remote locate, remote wipe, backup functionality and some times others. A couple of good site for reviews are here

The Best Antivirus Protection for 2019

and here

Consumer | AV-Comparatives

I personally have used Webroot on all of my devices (the internet security suite is a 5 license product). Webroot is extremely light weight and heavy on cloud analytics and AI with a different approach that journals all activity on your system. Unknown processes are marked and journal while the binaries are sent to the cloud for analysis. If Webroot determines the process is malicious Webroot will simply undo all of the changes made including ransomware. Common attack types (such as those that harvest data are blocked right away. Webroot is based out of Boulder Colorado (I almost worked there)

Thank you Neemobeer, I did read some reviews before buying Kaspersky. I think there is a danger specially in view of all that is going on right now in the cyber world. I'll buy Webroot and will do a clean install, not a bad idea, it's about time to do one anyways. It's weird that they don't let you turn the program off. I'm pretty sure this problem started right after I installed Kaspersky.

There likely is a way many security programs do this to make it harder for malware to disable them. Often requiring taking ownership or registry settings or SDDL security strings.

Back