Windows 7 how to Clean install Windows 7 ? help plss

mbmanjula

Hi Im Manjula-

i have a Big Problem

i wanna Format my C:/ drive and Clean install Windows 7 beta..

im inserted W7 DVD and restarted my computer.. bt doesn't Boot From Windows 7 DVD ...
My first boot Devise is DVD rom.second Boot Devise is HDD...

i m soo tired plzzz

plz any one help me
:(:confused::confused:

Thats my DVD picture...

Link Removed due to 404 Error

plz help me...

*Sorr for my bad English

-mbmanjula-

you have to watch VERY carefully you usually have to hit a key to boot from DVD but the screen goes by quickly.
Are you sure you simply Burnt the .iso to disc as an image NOT as files recorded to disc?

yeh...im very carfully watch...bt never come this msg "Press any key to boot from cd"...

this DVD burned from my friend ... he down load and give me a copy...
i cant download big files :(.. my internet speed is 512kb/ps :(

you have to find out how he burnt it it has to be the .iso file downloaded from microsoft and buned as an image using imgburn (free) or Vista's built in burning application (right click on the .iso and select burn image to disc)

You should not have any problem. Enter your BIOS setup and make the DVD-R the first bootable device. If that doesn't work its possible you are using bad discs or something.

It sounds like the DVD does not have the correct boot info. One thing you can do is pop the DVD into another PC, tell it's BIOS to boot from DVD drive, and if you get the same thing, then you'll know it's the DVD.

I assume that the orignal file your friend downloaded was the ISO, it if wasn't, they you/they should go re-download the ISO from MS (TODAY IS THE LAST DAY THE RC IS AVAIL). Make sure the DVD is burned via the ISO, you have to burn directly from the ISO or else you will not get boot info.

If your friend burned thsi for you, dose s/he have a workign copy? If so, it's possible he jsut copied all the files from the original DVD to a new one, which would also miss the boot section. S/He would need to make sure that an entire disk copy was done.

Another option you ahve with your current disk is to make a USB thumb. There are bunch of different meathods, just give it agoole search.
I used the HP USB format Tool 2.0.6 to format my USB stick (must be 4GB or more), which gives it a boiot sector, then went to the command prompt and did C:\>convert I: /fd:ntfs to convert the usb drive to NTFS from fat (note I: was my usb drive). Then I copied all the data from the DVD (I used a mounted ISO, but same idea) and changed teh file "bootmgr" to "NTLRD". and booted from USB

Alternitively, you can:
1. Put in DVD (lets call it drive X:\)
2. Open Command Prompt (start->run->cmd->OJ)
3. enter x:\boot\bootsect /nt60 I: (where x: is the dvd, I: is the USB)
4. Copy all files from CD to USB
5.Boot to USB device

How to Install Windows 7 From USB Drive without Windows 7 ISO DVD

Hoipe that helps
JJ

Hi
I am also trying to install 64 bit win7 but when I boot from my 64 bit disk it just freezes on the blue win7 screen. All I can see is my mouse and a blue background. If I put in the win7 32 bit it boots up just fine. Maybe I am not understanding the whole "clean install" thing. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using genuine Windows 7 DVD? If yes, then you might have some hardware issues. I had similar issues as my DVD drive that could not read the discs correctly which was causing the system hang. Once i got a replacemnt drive the issue was gone.

I use this the following guide: How to Install Windows 7

Hi
I am also trying to install 64 bit win7 but when I boot from my 64 bit disk it just freezes on the blue win7 screen. All I can see is my mouse and a blue background. If I put in the win7 32 bit it boots up just fine. Maybe I am not understanding the whole "clean install" thing. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

I have not read through this entire thread and this question may have already been answered, but are you certain that your computer hardware is all 64 bit compatible? If your processor or some other piece of hardware is not 64 bit compatible, you will not be able to install that version, but will have no snags installing the 32 bit version. Make sure that is not causing you problems.

Since this was downloaded it is really important to burn at a slow speed 4x maximum. Buring faster has caused constant problems for people since the beta versions. It may be that simple.
Joe

john right a lot of people try downloading the 64bit befor seeeing If there PC/Laptop is compatible, "sicko" check you computer and see it will can handle 64bit, if not install the 32bit :D

as for "mbmanjula" do check that CD/DVD i think you got a bad copy as your friend may have not burned the ISO image,

all the best do give us an update so we can help out :D

Back