Windows 7 How to connect to Wi-fi with Windows 7?

thsean

Hi there everyone, I got a question regarding wifi with Windows 7.

I just bought a laptop, with Windows 7 Home Premium, and the problem is I don't know how i can connect to Internet using my Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router.

Can anyone help?

Windows should automatically identify it.

Is it listed in Device Manage and does it have a yellow flag next yo it?

You might want to download the latest firmware for the router.

Take a look here and click the external mirror link:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Go to Start > Run and type cmd, Now type sfc /scannow

Can you connect to the Internet OK,

'Are you using s wireless router?

Windows should automatically identify it.

Is it listed in Device Manage and does it have a yellow flag next yo it?

You might want to download the latest firmware for the router.

Take a look here and click the external mirror link:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Yes, it is, and it has a yellow flag with exclamation mark.

i'm not sure whether i downloaded it, coz it was setup by my friend previously. how to check if i've downloaded?

Have you got wireless built into your laptop or are you using an adaptor?

Either way you should just be able to scan for wireless networks and choose which one you want to connect to...

Make sure you have the right drivers etc for your device.

A built-in wireless? I guess so...

yeah, i can choose which one, but as i click 'connect' on the desired networks, then it starts to scan, but in the end, it just wont get connected. It says "This computer has limited connectivity to "network name"."

=S

Yes, it is, and it has a yellow flag with exclamation mark.

i'm not sure whether i downloaded it, coz it was setup by my friend previously. how to check if i've downloaded?

yellow exclamation mark means it has a conflict with another device :mad:

If your feel like you are on unfamiliar ground, call Linksys Support. Many ppl using that router w/ lots of machines & operating systems.

1st, if the laptop has an wee button/switch for wireless on/off make sure that is ON, of course. @ the wireless Network adapter in Device Mgr, rt click to Update Driver. Then to Uninstall & then reboot. Power cycle both the modem & the router... let the moden 'lock', then power the router. As was said, (yes, in 192.168.1.1) make sure the Firmware is up to date. The wireless signal needs to be secured, also. That said, W& finds the signal... w/out needing Set Up a Connection... you are no a network (domain).

As I said you can always call Linksys; there's a 1-800 # >
www.linksys.com

Cheers,
Drew

\"A scan a day keeps the nasties away!\"

Wow...that's...can you speak English? XD

hmmm...looks like i'll have to call Linksys...

I never knew i need a Firmware for my router modem.

feel like crying, so helpless...

but thanks anyway...i'm feeling dizzy already...@_______@

i have the EXACT same problem, with the exact router...
right now i have it connected with a cable, it seems like the only way to do it, for now.
i'll let you know if i find anything else out! :)

The yellow Exclamation mark suggests that either there is some kind of conflict of the network or there is very less connectivity.

To fix this issue make sure that you have entered the right password to connect to the router and see if you can remove any obstacles between the router and the laptop say a wall or any Electronic devices.

If possible remove the antennas and clean and fix it back before you try to connect.:p

I would suggest, pcs, that you have a lok at the last date in threads. Somtimes the problem has been solved and no further input is required.

Back