Windows 10 How to convert .cpt files to jpg, jpet, png etc. image file

satimis

Extraordinary Member
How to convert .cpt files to jpg, jpet, png etc. image file ?

I found them on my old CDs. I suppose they are CorelDraw files.

My CorelDraw, an very old version, was running on WinXP. Please advise how to convert them to image files such as jpg, png, jpeg etc?

Thanks in advance

Regards

I believe IrfanView will open cpt files, then you can use File, Save As to save as another format. And it's free!

I believe IrfanView will open cpt files, then you can use File, Save As to save as another format. And it's free!
I have Irfanview running here. I have tried it but failed.

(Pls refer to screenshot attached)

I'm sure that my .cpt files are CorelDRAW Photo Paint files. I have sent several .cpt files to my friend who have CorelDRAW PhotoPaint 2022v24. He can read my .cpt files

screenshot_irfanview.png

I would try creating a temporary folder outside of OneDrive's view, such as C:\temp\, and also just for funsies get rid of the + in the file name. So c:\temp\file1.cpt, then try IrfanView, do you get the same error?

Performed following steps;

Start File Manage -> double-click C-Drive
name the New Folder as temp
See attached screenshot-1

Drag&Drop Anne+Re7.CPT file on temp folder
See attached screenshot-2

right-click Anne+Rey.CPT file -> select IrfanView 64-bit
See attached screenshot-3

Error popup
See attached screenshot-4

screenshot_1.png

screenshot_2.png

screenshot_3.png

screenshot_4.png

Remark:
I'm sure that my .CPT files are CorelDRAW Photo Paint files. I have sent several .CPT files to my friend who have CorelDRAW PhotoPaint 2022v24. He can read my .CPT files

Last edited:
Ah looking at the documentation for IrfanView it states "CorelDraw Photopaint format (CPT version 6 only)" So many its support for CPT files is limited.

My old .cpt files were created long long time ago when I run CorelDRAW PhotoPaint on WinXP and/or Free BSD. I suppose I still have this old version CorelDRAW PhotoPaint but doubt whether it can run on Windows10. Even it can run on Windows10 can it have feature converting/exporting .cpt files to images?

If it having that function, exporting output document as .png, jpg, jpeg (image file), I already saved the scanned document as image.

Last edited:
My old .cpt files were created long long time ago when I run CorelDRAW PhotoPaint on WinXP and/or Free BSD. I suppose I still have this old version CorelDRAW PhotoPaint but doubt whether it can run on Windows10. Even it can run on Windows10 can it have feature converting/exporting .cpt files to images?

If it having that function, exporting output document as .png, jpg, jpeg (image file), I already saved the scanned document as image.

What if you just install the 15 day trial version of Corel Draw/Photo-Paint and see if it can save them as another image format?
Good suggestion !

Performed following steps;

Download the trial version and extract it.

Run PhotoPaint.exe as Administrator.

Open -> .cpt files

They can be saved as .pdf file as well as other image files.

Finally I found that those .cpt files are old scanned documents. I won't need them anymore, just keeping them for record purpose.

Lot of thanks for your advice. I'll close this posting as "SOLVED"

Regards

Back
Top Bottom