How to customize windows 7 setup

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by sahil Sehgal, Feb 11, 2014.

1. sahil Sehgal

sahil Sehgal New Member

hey guyzzzz
    please tell me how can i edit the contents of a windows setup like Text shown while installing , windows installation background etc. please tell me i waanna create my own windows 7 installation disk

2. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Hi

I really don't think you can do that.

If you can it would involve a lot of code, and I don't know why anyone would want to put that much effort into it to just change the way the Windows installer works.

I know it's beyond me so unless you are a programing guru...

and I'm betting that if you were you probably wouldn't be asking us. LOL

But welcome to the forums!

Maybe someone here does know a way to do it.

Mike

3. sahil Sehgal

sahil Sehgal New Member

thanxxx mike
    but i want to know this because i recently saw a lite version of windows 7 by cocos which was completely customized and one AIO windows seven which had written windows 7 activated R2 i wanted to know how is this possible and if anybody knows the answer please tell me Capturfe.JPG Capture.JPG

4. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Hi

Well you got me there, I have no idea, maybe someone else here knows here, but I didn't know that could do that.

Maybe you could search for "How do I modify the graphics in the Windows install program or something like that.

Mike

5. sahil Sehgal

sahil Sehgal New Member

Hi mike
    i found one way by googling it but i am unable to get the pack its a windows 7 pre activation pack do you know where can it be downloaded from ?????

6. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

My guess and it's just a guess; is that this is a specialized exception from MS to allow retail installers to have this. Which then suggests to me that this is strictly for the demo PC's. If you purchase a PC from them...it looks just like the first picture you attached. Again, just my theory.

7. Mike

Mike Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

You can't edit any installation text or graphics. You can create a custom installation that may have pre-loaded drivers with the Windows Automated Installation Toolkit. That's about it.

8. sahil Sehgal

sahil Sehgal New Member

mike if you google it its feature have this point its windows pre activation kit