Windows 7 How to delete

don cole

After copy a lot copying file from my old computer to new Windows7 computer. I must have
messed up because I now have in my c: drive:

c:\Program Files 6/20/2010 4:27 PM
c:\Program Files 6/20/2010 3:01 PM
c:\Program Files(x86) 6/20/2010 1:50 AM
This should be easy to fix just merge all files into one new folder and delete all
the old ones.
The problem is they won't delete.
It says you require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder.
I am the Administator. And I made the changes to trustedInstaller making me have full control
How can I delete these folders?
Don Cole

And I made the changes to trustedInstaller making me have full control

Giving trustedInstaller full control is not enough, did you give your account name full control to read and write ?

Right click the folder you need to delete -> properties -> security -> permissions -> set full control for your windows account name. Check full control both to read and to write that folder.

Thank you cybercore,

I.ve decided not to delete any folders right now. As you cansee from above I have 3 Program Files folders. From what I've read the Program File(x86) folder is for 32 bit files and the Program Files folder is for 64 bit files. So why do I have 2 Program Files folders and 1 Program Files(x86) folder making a total of three Program Files folders?
Is this normal? If not how can I correct it? Having 2 folders named Program Files is confusing me I would like only to have 1.

Don Cole

Back