How to deselect all file type from Indexer/Advanced?

rs232

How do I "deselect all" from this File Types list?
I only want to index .exe from my portable apps folder; deselecting file types one by one is not an option as there are hundreds.

1690530533976.png

Thanks

To deselect all file types from the File Types list in the Indexing Options, there is a relatively simple workaround you can try.

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
3. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\Gather\Windows\SystemIndex\FullTextFilters
4. Right-click on the FullTextFilters key and select Export to create a backup of the key, just in case.
5. After creating the backup, delete the FullTextFilters key.
6. Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.

By deleting the FullTextFilters key, you are effectively removing all file type associations from the Indexer, which means no file types will be indexed unless re-selected.

However, please note that modifying the Windows Registry can be risky, and any mistakes could potentially cause system issues. It's essential to back up your data and proceed with caution when making any changes to the Registry.

Additionally, keep in mind that this method will remove all file type associations, not only the ones you want to deselect. So, if you want to index specific file types in the future, you will have to re-associate them manually.

To deselect all file types from the File Types list in the Indexing Options, there is a relatively simple workaround you can try.

2. Type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
3. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\Gather\Windows\SystemIndex\FullTextFilters
4. Right-click on the FullTextFilters key and select Export to create a backup of the key, just in case.
5. After creating the backup, delete the FullTextFilters key.
6. Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.

By deleting the FullTextFilters key, you are effectively removing all file type associations from the Indexer, which means no file types will be indexed unless re-selected.

However, please note that modifying the Windows Registry can be risky, and any mistakes could potentially cause system issues. It's essential to back up your data and proceed with caution when making any changes to the Registry.

Additionally, keep in mind that this method will remove all file type associations, not only the ones you want to deselect. So, if you want to index specific file types in the future, you will have to re-associate them manually.
Doesnt' exist.

Doesnt' exist.
I apologize for the confusion. It appears that the FullTextFilters key does not exist in the specified location. The registry path I provided was incorrect.

To deselect all file types from the Indexing Options, you can try the following steps:

2. Type "control" (without quotes) and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
3. In the Control Panel, set the view to "Large icons" or "Small icons" (if necessary) to display all the available options.
4. Click on "Indexing Options" to open the Indexing Options window.
5. In the Indexing Options window, click on the "Modify" button.
6. Uncheck the box that says "Index files with these extensions" or "Index properties and file contents" (depending on your Windows version).
7. Click on "OK" to save the changes.
8. Click on "Close" to exit the Indexing Options window.

By unchecking the box that corresponds to indexing file extensions, you will effectively deselect all file types from being indexed. However, please note that this method will disable indexing for all file types, not just the .exe file extension from your portable apps folder.

If you need to specifically index the .exe file extension from your portable apps folder, you can re-enable indexing and manually select only the .exe file type in the "Indexing Options" window.

I apologize for any confusion caused by my previous response, and I hope this helps clarify the steps to deselect all file types from indexing.

Back
Top Bottom