Windows 7 How to disable Left-Click Jump List? help

energydream2007

Hello all. great forum. in trying figure out how to disable those jump lists, now we all know about the Right-Click ones, but there is other type witch i want to disable completely - the Left mouse click jump lists - it happen when you left clicking more then 1 second and sort of drag it up without the purpose to it. im using 7 Taskber Tweaker witch doing the job for the right click only but not the left (left just for Grouped button - but its not what i talking about here) there is no just left option.

P.S. - ive seen that those lists that im talking about often called "Lists Mode" i think, and presist also in any theme and are left click & drag based. there is got to be a solution for that.

here is a picture of the above jump list:

Last edited:
You can disable jumplist. I think it is associated with the recent places concept. If you right click on the taskbar and select properties in the context menu, You will get the taskbar and startmenu properties window. Select the start menu tab there, and uncheck the box shown in the attached pic.

It will make the recent place link in explorer void forever, too. If you want to restore the previous back, just check the box again.

Recent Items - Turn On or Off Attached Thumbnails Link Removed - Invalid URL

Source: Completely disable Jump List trigger - Windows 7 Forums

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

You can disable jumplist. I think it is associated with the recent places concept. If you right click on the taskbar and select properties in the context menu, You will get the taskbar and startmenu properties window. Select the start menu tab there, and uncheck the box shown in the attached pic.

It will make the recent place link in explorer void forever, too. If you want to restore the previous back, just check the box again.

Recent Items - Turn On or Off Attached Thumbnails Link Removed - Invalid URL

Source: Completely disable Jump List trigger - Windows 7 Forums

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

Man its not that - alot of ppl think its this or thumbnail preview and its NOT.
This Left-Click Jump List often called also:

Lists Mode
Lists View
Slide Open Jump Lists

I think I know what you're looking for. Try this. Go to Start and then type "system configuration" in the search box. You should find "System configuration" at the top, click it. In the new window called "System Properties" choose the "Advanced" tab, then choose "Settings" [first one down from the top]. In this window you should find the settings that control what you want, among many other functions. I have most of the items unchecked because i want best performance, instead of a pretty screen with fancy themes and slow roll-out boxes etc. I hope this helps

Last edited:
I think I know what you're looking for. Try this. Go to Start and then type "system configuration" in the search box. You should find "System configuration" at the top, click it. In the new window called "System Properties" choose the "Advanced" tab, then choose "Settings" [first one down from the top]. In this window you should find the settings that control what you want, among many other functions. I have most of the items unchecked because i want best performance, instead of a pretty screen with fancy themes and slow roll-out boxes etc. I hope this helps

Well iv tried them all non of them work.
to further explain my stuff here is an article by MDL:

Link Removed - Not Found

Note however that they dont explain how to disable it or something.

I would pay money to get this disabled... its constantly interfering with the need to switch between apps on the taskbar. Ive looked for an app to kill it no go... anyone with any idea?

Back