Windows 10 How to download Win10 ISO WITH (!) included cumulative updates? Inject updates into ISO?

pstein

Extraordinary Member
Normally users perform the following procedure for Win10:
  • download Win10 base package ISO directly
  • install this Win10 base package ISO
  • download the cumulative update
  • apply this cumulative update onto the already installed base version
I wonder whether there is a way to download an ISO WITH (!) already included cumulative updates.

Lets take an example:

Is the 90days base evaluation 64bit version of the Enterprise Win10 b1803.

Where is the corresponding ISO WITH newest included cumulative patches?

If there is no such ISO: Can I alternatively inject the cumulative update packags into a base ISO?
I want to have one ISO with newest updates embedded

Peter

To answer your first question no there is no updated ISO. To your second question yes you can inject updates not into the ISO but into the install.wim file in the ISO.

You will need to mount the WIM file and use DISM to add the updates
Add updates to a Windows image

To simplify that theres also a utility avaible called ntlite that can do that plus drivers etc.

Not 100% sure, but I believe, if youy use the media creation tool to download the ISO, it will include the latest available updates?
But, nevertheless, if you install a Windows OS, it will, either automatically or at you command, go and fetch the latest cumulative update, wich will bring you installation right up to date.

It'll have the main one like 1809 but it won't contain and cumulative ones, I use NTlite to include them on the off chance I need to reinstall at some point.

Back