Windows 8 How to improve Game performance? Using Booster or Updating Game Driver?

alicehh

Hi, there,

thanks for your attention. I'm PC game player. Recently, some problems troubled me:

1, Game usually crashed

2, Some PC games are not compatible with my PC

So, I tried to download game software to improve it:

Game Booster and Game driver updater --- IObit Driver Booster Beta 2.0

I don't wanna change a new PC, please advise if these two software are really helpful to improve game performance.

Any other good suggestion about it please?

Many thanks for your help.

http://download.iobit.com/driver_booster_setup.exe

alicehh

I'd be looking into whats making the games crash before installing any of those. Try updating all your drivers. A list of games would help to.

Generally, software of that type, especially the one you've linked to, are inundated with scanners and so called fix it apps, that they do more harm then good. I'm in agreement with nmsuk, that you should start checking your system for outdated drivers, software and hardware...then start looking into malware/spyware that may be lurking on your system.

Hi

I have a lot of games installed in Windows 8, everything from Skyrim to The Secret World, even some of the old Tomb Raider games and I haven't had problems running any of them.

As Mmsuk said, I'd start by going through your computer.

Run CCleaner, Defraggler, Malwarebytes and update your Graphics Drivers.

What are your computer specs, (what graphics card, how much ram, what processor etc.), what games are you playing.

Mike

Hi, dear nmsuk, thanks for your message, yes, I have tried to update all drivers by IObit driver booster, and it seems to work well.
thanks for your help :)

I'd be looking into whats making the games crash before installing any of those. Try updating all your drivers. A list of games would help to.

Hi, dear bassfisher, many thanks for your suggestion, I have tried to update drivers and check malware and spyware by advanced systemcare. The game performance is much better now, thanks for your help :)

Generally, software of that type, especially the one you've linked to, are inundated with scanners and so called fix it apps, that they do more harm then good. I'm in agreement with nmsuk, that you should start checking your system for outdated drivers, software and hardware...then start looking into malware/spyware that may be lurking on your system.

Hi, dear Mike, thanks for your suggestion, I have follow your advice to scan and run software, it seems work now. Many thanks for your help, good luck to you :)

Hi

I have a lot of games installed in Windows 8, everything from Skyrim to The Secret World, even some of the old Tomb Raider games and I haven't had problems running any of them.

As Mmsuk said, I'd start by going through your computer.

Run CCleaner, Defraggler, Malwarebytes and update your Graphics Drivers.

What are your computer specs, (what graphics card, how much ram, what processor etc.), what games are you playing.

Mike

Thank you for updating your thread. Many don't bother and it's always nice to know if we've helped...Or not :)

Back
Top Bottom