How to install Handbrake on Windows 10 Latest Update

osziber0628

Okay. So, installing handbrake on Windows 10 latest version was a pain. But I figured out an easy way to run it .net 4.7.2 (which comes with windows 10). The easiest way to do this is to:
  1. Install Handbrake (latest edition)
  2. Try to run. if it opens great, ignore this post. If you get the error that says you need .Net 4.7.1, keep reading.
  3. Open HandBrake.exe.config in notepad.
  4. Edit the line that reads: <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1"/> to read
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2"/>
5. Now run handbrake. If this deosn't work for you let me know, and I will see what i can do for you.

Okay. So, installing handbrake on Windows 10 latest version was a pain. But I figured out an easy way to run it .net 4.7.2 (which comes with windows 10). The easiest way to do this is to:
  2. Try to run. if it opens great, ignore this post. If you get the error that says you need .Net 4.7.1, keep reading.
  4. Edit the line that reads: <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1"/> to read
5. Now run handbrake. If this deosn't work for you let me know, and I will see what i can do for you.

Did you save the file first before reopening. Try rebooting the computer after you save that change. If that still doesn't change, check to see what version of .net Framework you are using to make sure you are 4.7.2. If you can, try to post some screenshots (or link to them, can't remember if this forum takes images) so then I can see what is going on.

EDIT: nice to see people using this thread!

I believe you need to save the changes to the file you mention in order to get the software to run.

Thanks it worked
i just copied the original line,delete the original config,create a txt,put the full edited line,name it like the original file,moved it into hanbrake.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom