Windows 8 How to install older drivers in Windows8?

Pepa

I have an older laptop TOSHIBA. According to Microsft is compatible with Windows 8 I also managed to install the new OS. But I need to install Windows 8 some older drivers (for example, Windows 7). Does anyone know how to do this?

Usually you just go to the vendors website to directly download the needed driver/software package for specific hardware you have installed.

You could also try right clicking the windows 7 driver, click properties and then compatibility, make it for win 7.

Hardware drivers, of course, I downloaded.
I tried to manually install it in compatibility mode for windows 7.
But Windows 8 is refusing to accept.
The system reports: "The selected driver for this device does not support this version of Windows."
And of course the driver installation fails.

Are there any errors showing in device manager? What specific drivers are you trying to install? Most of windows 8 generic drivers are pretty sufficient and are OK to use if nothing specific is required.

If you could fill in your system specs for your laptop which would help us in finding solutions to your hardware/software issues.

NOTE: especially with older laptops and even some newer ones (my Samsung is only 1 1/2 years old - no 8 drivers at all) and the manufacturers are not planing on writing/creating drivers for these older models, not cost effective for them, while the end user ends up suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back