How to install Photoshop on Windows 10

satimis

Extraordinary Member
Hi all,

OS Windows 10 Home

My PC is dual-boot, Windows 10 Home and Linux

"Adobe Photoshop 7.0.exe" is stored on a storage drive in ext4 format but without OS installed. Starting Windows I can connect to this drive but I couldn't start installation of Photoshop.

Please advice. Thanks

Regards

Hi,

To install Photoshop on your Windows 10 Home system, there are a few steps you can try:

1. Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for running Photoshop. This includes having a compatible processor, sufficient RAM, and free disk space. You can find the detailed system requirements on the Adobe website.

2. Try running the Photoshop installer as an administrator. Right-click on the "Adobe Photoshop 7.0.exe" file and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. This can sometimes bypass any permission issues that might be preventing the installation.

3. If you're still unable to start the installation, it could be due to compatibility issues with the ext4 formatted drive. One solution is to copy the Photoshop installer to an NTFS formatted drive, such as your Windows system drive, and try running it from there.

4. Additionally, make sure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Install all the available updates and patches to ensure that you have the latest compatibility fixes.

5. If the above steps don't work, you might want to consider using a virtual machine to run Photoshop. You can install a virtual machine software, such as VirtualBox or VMware, and create a virtual environment with Windows installed. Then, you can install Photoshop within the virtual machine.

Remember to verify the compatibility of Photoshop 7.0 with Windows 10 Home before proceeding with the installation steps.

I hope these suggestions help you get Photoshop installed on your system. Let me know if you have any further questions or issues.

Hi,

To install Photoshop on your Windows 10 Home system, there are a few steps you can try:

1. Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for running Photoshop. This includes having a compatible processor, sufficient RAM, and free disk space. You can find the detailed system requirements on the Adobe website.
Thanks for your advice.

This is an AMD 8-core PC with 32G RAM onboard and 1TB SSD for runnging Windows 10 Home and connected to 4K 32" Dell display. Storage drive 4TB
2. Try running the Photoshop installer as an administrator. Right-click on the "Adobe Photoshop 7.0.exe" file and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu. This can sometimes bypass any permission issues that might be preventing the installation.
I have tried but installation won't start. Windows 10 Home can connect the storage drive
3. If you're still unable to start the installation, it could be due to compatibility issues with the ext4 formatted drive. One solution is to copy the Photoshop installer to an NTFS formatted drive, such as your Windows system drive, and try running it from there.

4. Additionally, make sure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Install all the available updates and patches to ensure that you have the latest compatibility fixes.
I have copied Photoshop 7.0,exe from the storage drive to Windows 10 Home running Ubuntu 22.04 Linux. But I couldn't find it running Windows 10 Home
5. If the above steps don't work, you might want to consider using a virtual machine to run Photoshop. You can install a virtual machine software, such as VirtualBox or VMware, and create a virtual environment with Windows installed. Then, you can install Photoshop within the virtual machine.
I have Windows 10 Home running VirtualBox on Ubuntu 22.04 on another drive. But I expect running Photoshop on Windows 10 drive, bare-metal
Remember to verify the compatibility of Photoshop 7.0 with Windows 10 Home before proceeding with the installation steps.

I hope these suggestions help you get Photoshop installed on your system. Let me know if you have any further questions or issues.
Please advise how to verity the compatibility. Thanks

Regards

Thanks for your advice.

This is an AMD 8-core PC with 32G RAM onboard and 1TB SSD for runnging Windows 10 Home and connected to 4K 32" Dell display. Storage drive 4TB
Based on the specifications of your computer, it seems like your system meets the minimum requirements for running Photoshop 7.0. However, to verify compatibility, I recommend checking the official Adobe website for the specific system requirements for Photoshop 7.0. Adobe usually provides detailed information on the minimum and recommended hardware and software specifications needed to run their products successfully.

Here's how you can verify the compatibility of Photoshop 7.0 with Windows 10 Home:

1. Open a web browser on your Windows 10 system.
2. Go to the Adobe website (www.adobe.com).
3. In the search bar, type "Photoshop 7.0 system requirements" and press Enter.
4. Look for the official Adobe link that provides the system requirements for Photoshop 7.0.
5. Click on the link to access the system requirements page.
6. Read through the requirements and compare them to your system's specifications.
- Check for compatibility with your specific version of Windows 10 (e.g., Windows 10 Home).
- Check the recommended processor, RAM, and disk space requirements.
- Look for any additional software or hardware requirements mentioned.

By following these steps, you'll be able to verify if your system meets the necessary requirements to run Photoshop 7.0 on Windows 10 Home.

If your system matches or exceeds the specified requirements, you should be able to proceed with the installation as previously suggested. If you notice any major discrepancies or have any further questions, please let me know, and I'll be happy to assist you further.

I have tried but installation won't start. Windows 10 Home can connect the storage drive
If running the Photoshop installer as an administrator doesn't start the installation, there might be other issues at play. Here are a few additional steps you can try:

1. Check if there are any antivirus or security software running on your system that might be blocking the installation. Temporarily disable any antivirus or security programs, and then try running the installer again.

2. Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access and run the installer. Right-click on the "Adobe Photoshop 7.0.exe" file and select "Properties". In the Properties window, go to the "Security" tab and make sure that your user account has full control over the file. If not, click on "Edit" and grant the necessary permissions.

3. Try running the installer in compatibility mode. Right-click on the "Adobe Photoshop 7.0.exe" file, select "Properties", and go to the "Compatibility" tab. Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select a previous version of Windows, such as Windows 7 or Windows XP. Click "Apply" and then try running the installer again.

4. If possible, try downloading the Photoshop installer again from a trusted source and see if the newly downloaded installer works. It's possible that the original installer file might have been corrupted or incomplete.

5. Lastly, you might consider reaching out to Adobe support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting steps based on your situation and help resolve any installation issues you're facing.

I hope these additional suggestions help you resolve the issue and get Photoshop installed on your Windows 10 Home system.

I have copied Photoshop 7.0,exe from the storage drive to Windows 10 Home running Ubuntu 22.04 Linux. But I couldn't find it running Windows 10 Home
If you copied the Photoshop installer to your Windows 10 Home drive but cannot find it, there might be a few reasons for this:

1. Make sure you are looking in the correct directory. Check that you copied the installer to the appropriate location on your Windows 10 Home drive.

2. Confirm that you have successfully copied the installer file. Check the file size and compare it to the original file. If the file size is significantly smaller, the copy process may not have completed successfully. In that case, try copying the file again.

3. Verify that your Windows 10 Home drive is accessible from within Ubuntu 22.04 Linux. Ensure that the drive where you copied the installer is correctly mounted and accessible from Ubuntu. You might need to check your file manager or use the "ls" command in Terminal to navigate to the appropriate drive and directory.

Once you have confirmed the location of the Photoshop installer on your Windows 10 Home drive, you can try running it as an administrator, as mentioned earlier, by right-clicking on the installer and selecting "Run as administrator" to start the installation process.

If you are still unable to locate and run the installer, you may want to consider alternative methods for installing Photoshop on your Windows 10 Home system, such as using a virtual machine or utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud subscription services.

Remember that copying the installer from a Linux ext4 drive to a Windows NTFS drive might cause compatibility issues, so it's recommended to use Windows-native drives for optimal functioning.

I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions or issues, please let me know.

I have Windows 10 Home running VirtualBox on Ubuntu 22.04 on another drive. But I expect running Photoshop on Windows 10 drive, bare-metal
If you prefer to run Photoshop on your Windows 10 Home drive without using a virtual machine, one option you can try is to install a dual-boot setup instead of using a virtual machine. This will allow you to choose between Ubuntu 22.04 or Windows 10 Home at startup. With this setup, you can boot directly into Windows 10 Home and install and run Photoshop on your Windows drive.

Here are the general steps to set up a dual-boot system:

1. Ensure you have a separate partition or drive for Windows 10 Home. If you haven't already done so, create a partition or allocate space on your existing storage drive for Windows 10.

2. Obtain a Windows 10 installation media (DVD or USB). You can download the Windows 10 ISO file from the official Microsoft website.

3. Boot your computer using the Windows 10 installation media. This typically involves changing the boot order in your computer's BIOS to prioritize the installation media.

4. Follow the prompts to install Windows 10 on the designated partition or drive. Make sure to select the correct drive during the installation process to avoid overwriting any data on other drives.

5. After the Windows 10 installation is complete, you can select which operating system to boot into during startup. Most computers have a key (e.g., F12 or Del) that opens a boot menu. Use this key during startup to select the operating system you want to boot into.

6. Once in Windows 10, you can install Photoshop and other desired software directly on the operating system drive.

Keep in mind that dual-booting involves modifying partitions and can pose risks if not done correctly. It's crucial to back up your data before proceeding and ensure you have the necessary technical knowledge or assistance.

If you're uncertain about setting up a dual-boot system or still prefer using a virtual machine, please let me know, and I can provide further guidance on getting Photoshop installed in a virtual machine environment.

Please advise how to verity the compatibility. Thanks

Regards
To verify the compatibility of Photoshop 7.0 with Windows 10 Home, you can follow these steps:

1. Visit the Adobe Photoshop 7.0 system requirements page. You can find this information on the Adobe website by searching for "Photoshop 7.0 system requirements" or by going directly to the Adobe website and navigating to the Photoshop product page.

2. On the system requirements page, look for the section specific to your operating system, which in this case is Windows 10 Home. Check if Windows 10 Home is listed as a supported operating system for Photoshop 7.0.

3. Take note of any specific hardware or software requirements listed for Windows 10 Home. This may include information such as the minimum RAM, processor, or graphics card requirements needed to run Photoshop 7.0 on Windows 10 Home.

4. Consider any additional compatibility information provided on the system requirements page. Adobe may specify any known issues or limitations when running Photoshop 7.0 on Windows 10 Home.

By following these steps, you'll be able to verify the compatibility of Photoshop 7.0 with your Windows 10 Home operating system. It's important to ensure compatibility to avoid any potential issues during installation or while using Photoshop.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask.

Back
Top Bottom