Windows 10 How to keep keyboard on when in tablet mode

DerekJeder

I have an ASUS 2-in-1 laptop that flips all the way around into a tablet, but I want to know if it's possible to keep the physical keyboard active when I flip it into tablet mode. Once the screen folds to about 200 degrees, the keyboard turns off. I'm not sure if this is due to software, or some switch in hardware, but I want to try to use my laptop essentially as a keyboard by having it hooked up to a tv. I appreciate the help!

P.S. I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum section, so sorry if it's not.

is it a tp model?
if so the keyboard turns off to protect it and this IS a bios switch however you can use the built in software keyboard
P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png

Screenshot (80).png

That looks like the exact model of laptop, actually. Thank you, ussnorway!

It's not a smart tv, and I'm not really concerned about battery usage since if I end up playing games through my laptop, I'll need it to be plugged in due to frame rate loss. I might consider buying an extra keyboard, but that seems a little over the top right now. Luckily, I can still use my laptop at a keyboard, I just need to not let the screen drop below a certain point or the keyboard shuts off. It'll be a tad awkward but I think I can make it work. Thank you though!

This may be of interest:
ASUS Fliplock-Introduction

Of course that app and sensor could be out of date, I just found it interesting it actually had some control over the flipping mechanism and perhaps settings to go with it.

Very interesting; I've never seen this little app on an ASUS laptop, but then again where I live not too many people own them. I've only worked on a handful during the last 4 years. (I'm in a rural resort area).

Thank for that post!:D
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

It could be something they don't include anymore, but the fact that the app exists somewhere, and that usually a handful of sensors are used in the entire industry to detect the "flip", if someone could locate the software it's very possible it works on many Asus models :D

fyi the basic sensor still works on tp laptops that have been upgraded to wx but (at this point) the app is windows 8 | 8.1 only

I have the tp500la (4XXX) model myself... the only only other issue with upgrading to wx was the fail to wake up bug that was caused by Microsoft using out dated Intel drivers and this bug has finally been patched. = How to solve Hibernation/Sleep issue after upgrading to Windows 10 ?

Back
Top Bottom