Windows 7 How to merge licence.key file in Windows 7 ?

razer786

Friends for quite a while I'm trying to figure out how to merge licence.key file (which has registry file like icon) in windows 7. In windows XP when I right click on this file it shows merge option but in windows 7 there is no such option! Do u guys know any solution for it ?

Thanks

Im not sure I understand your question properly, but if your trying to add something to the registry, does just double clicking not work? As Im sure that does the same thing as right clicking and selecting merge.

If your trying to replace Windows product key, here is the command for the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk <insert your new product key here>

You then need to run this command to activate:

slmgr.vbs -ato

Im not sure I understand your question properly, but if your trying to add something to the registry, does just double clicking not work? As Im sure that does the same thing as right clicking and selecting merge.

If your trying to replace Windows product key, here is the command for the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk <insert your new product key here>

You then need to run this command to activate:

slmgr.vbs -ato

I am not clear on the query either? Would that not make the key more easily accessible to prying persons/hackers?

I like to explore the GUI ways of customising, as Windows is planned for that. No rudeness intended, Loathe, as I do not know the answer, but you Command prompt suggestion - Is that not the same as Openiong the Control Panel (Icon View) System, and clicking the Change key option at the bottom?

I like to explore the GUI ways of customising, as Windows is planned for that. No rudeness intended, Loathe, as I do not know the answer, but you Command prompt suggestion - Is that not the same as Openiong the Control Panel (Icon View) System, and clicking the Change key option at the bottom?

I guess so. I always prefer the commands myself.

To the OP, did you get your problem sorted?

I think he is refering to a registry key file.
Yes double clicking works,,, unless you have set the double click to open the file in notepad or something instead of merging the key.

I have not noticed if the merge option has been moved or removed.

Friends for quite a while I'm trying to figure out how to merge licence.key file (which has registry file like icon) in windows 7. In windows XP when I right click on this file it shows merge option but in windows 7 there is no such option! Do u guys know any solution for it ?

Thanks

No idea what license you mean. -

Did you merge it before on XP and activate whatever program it is for? If so,make a copy of it and save it as license.reg - see if that merges.

It may be you need to place it in the actual program file in the Programs [or Programsx86] folder.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom