Windows 7 How to monitor internet traffic per-program

ssilk

Hi all,

So to make a long story short, I've gone over my 60GB internet usage limit quite a lot over the past year or so. Uploads and downloads both count towards usage. When I looked at the monthly usage history, I was surprised to find that there are several months, including the current one, where upload is significantly higher than download. As far as I know, I'm not doing doing a lot of uploading. I don't run any sort of web server, and while I do download torrents occasionally, I rarely leave my torrent client running for long periods after completing.

So, I'm hoping someone can recommend a (free) program that can monitor and log internet bandwidth usage on a per-program basis. That is, I'd like to be able to run it for a couple of weeks and log usage for any programs that access the internet, then arrange them by usage so I can see what's chewing up my internet allowance, and specifically what's responsible for all the uploading.

I've included the usage history for the past 11 months, with highlights in places where uploads were greater than downloads. Thanks.

ScreenShot025.jpg

Hey there.

Free? Alrighty...

Open a command prompt. Then copy/paste this command and hit enter:

Code:
netstat -anbo

This will not show you bandwidth. Rather, it's best used to determine if any rogue software is sending/receiving packets or listening for them.

Back
Top Bottom