Windows 7 how to recover lost partition

avinashrawat

i have 250 GB hdd in my computer ,but due to wrong usage of partition software i lost my hdd partition. For recover this i format my hard drive but not successful to recover my hdd partition .Now this time in "my computer" only shows the 125 GB partition . I tried to recover from the windows 7 disk management utility and these shows me three unallocated partition .when i try to allocate a new simple volume this give a message following message : "you cannot create a new volume in this unallocated space because the disk already contains the maximum number of partition "
please help me recover this bad condition . and i attach image in hddprob.doc file

Attachments

• hdd prob.doc
    1.3 MB · Views: 472
You already have the maximum allowed of four primary partitions (show in dark blue in your doc) and also an extended partition (outlined in green in your doc). You have two problems here - you cannot create an more partitions. also, your drive is badly fragmented with spare space all broken up and unusable as it is. I suggest you do the following:

1. Back up any data you need to save from drives D and E.
2. Remove all partitions except for drive C.
3. Move partition C to the start of the drive.
4. Create one or two partitions in the space after drive C.
5. Copy your backed up data to whichever drives you need them on.

Yes I looked at it before I gave you my reply - the suggestions I have made are based on the image in your document.

Back