Windows 7 How to Reduce Physical Memory Usage?

jave

What can I do to lower the Physical Memory Usage in my Laptop?

For information, I am using Windows Seven Ultimate (build 7600) with RAM 1 GB, Intel Core i3 M350 @ 2.27 GHz.

When I hit task manager, the Physical Memory:
Total : 941
Cached : 85
Available : 81
Free : 0

Physical Memory average 92% all the time (currently I am using Windows Classic for it is known as the simplest and lowest taking memory of windows setting). If I am using it in normal Windows Seven Aero Themes, my laptop has a big chance to go Blue Screen.

Yes, I gotta tell you that my laptop got Blue Screen suddenly after previous days I set administrator and user password in BIOS. I thought at that time it is just because of it, then after I reset it to default way (no password at all) the system is still has a big chance to go Blue Screen.

I have tried to clean up with Ccleaner, defrag all my disks, using spyware malware removal, and it give me no positive result at all. It is still always goes above 800MB Memory usage with Physical Memory average above 80% all the time.

What can I do? Can somebody help me?

First off 1 gig of ram is not enough. Go into run and type msconfig and on startup tab disable unneeded programs. Then go to Black Viper and find the list of services and disable some of the unneeded services there. The best thing is to add at least one more gig of ram preferable two.
Joe

quite agree, get more ram. Far less hassle in the long run than struggling to get performance from something that wont ever give it, ram prices now are at an all time low unless you need a obsolete type, in which 2nd hand on ebay is best bet.

Back
Top Bottom