Windows Vista How to remove IE7?

modfather1983

Hi guys,

Im trying to remove IE7 and go back to ie6 as a football website i use doesnt seem to work with IE7

As far as i can see IE7 is just part of Vista and thats that,if anyone has any sujestions please dont hesitate

Cheers

Have you tried to install IE6 over the top of it?

Hi, I found this through Google How to remove IE7 - REW Thomas's Blog - REW Blogs Real Estate Blogs looks its just what you need.. Bugger! sorry I should have read it properly first.. Back to the drawing board

I have been checking through some sites and it does seem doubtfull if indeed it can un-installed. Apparently its quite an integral part of Vista. I did find this page though which could be worth reading and it does actually give you instructions on how to remove it.
Release Notes for Internet Explorer 7

It goes on to say that you have to type this in your 'Run' box and it will un-install..
%windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe I did try it but with not much luck, maybe more reading is required. Hope this helps and good luck.

download the internet explo 6 from any web site and install it into your computer it will automatically remove the ie7

Instead of trying to use IE6, why not see if a third-party browser such as Opera or Firefox does the trick?

<Note: I am not in any way, an IE7 hater>