Windows 7 how to remove unknown devices from device manager

garry35

Honorable Member
i recently tried to installl software for a blackberry storm 9500 and failed, after rebooting windows i am left with loads of unknown devices in the device manager and the software still doesnt work and i each time i remove the unknown devices from device manager, it either puts them back as they were or tries to find new hardware drivers and fails on the next reboot. is there any way to permanently remove them from the device manager as they are now causing problems when i try to install removable hard drives or other hardware that uses USB. i have included a screenshot of the device manager but cant show them all because it wont scroll down to capture.

thanks in advance
Gazzer.

Device-Manager-Unknown devices.jpg

have you tried booting to safe mode using the F8 key on bootup then in device manger right click unninstall all of the unknown devices and possibly try unninstall all of your USB devices and see what happens on reboot ?

I found this link, but I do not have a blackberry so I cannot tell if this is what you need. Take note of the warnings about backing up your data.

Back
Top Bottom