How to specify a GPO to a group of users

GabrieleMax

Hi everybody,

I followed this guide but in this case the GPO is enabled for all objects in the OU; I need to add different policies to different group of users (I attached two screenshot about it) so I think I should just add, like what you can see in the second screenshot, the needed group and I should remove authenticated users, right?

Regards.
GabrieleMax

Attachments

• AD_groups.png
    AD_groups.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 65
  • AD_policy.png
    AD_policy.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 60
Hi everybody,

I followed this guide but in this case the GPO is enabled for all objects in the OU; I need to add different policies to different group of users (I attached two screenshot about it) so I think I should just add, like what you can see in the second screenshot, the needed group and I should remove authenticated users, right?

Regards.
GabrieleMax

I think I found a solution: https://techexpert.tips/windows/gpo-apply-to-specific-user-group/

In the above guide I found how to disallow authenticated users from the GPO by untick the line "apply group policy" and after it how to allow a group but tick on it "apply group policy"; at the end of the guide I don't know why he selected the domain and add the link to the new policy.

What I mean? In the first guide from YT the user to apply the GPO just added the policy in a specified OU but in the second guide to apply the policy the user added it to the domain, why?

Regards.
GabrieleMax

You can disallow all users 'Authenticated Users' by simply removing 'Authenticated Users' from the Scope

Back
Top Bottom