Windows 10 How to Use the PSR tool!!

Hi Thought I'd try to make a tutorial! Here's a windows tool that you can use to find another windows tool that no one uses and I don't know why. I's called PSR and I used it to find the reliability monitor that no one uses either. PSR creates a Zip file that will show you step by step how to use a program. Send it to grandma or to a tech on a help forum if you want to show a step by step of a problem you are having. I have attached a zip file that i created!

To record and save steps on your computer
  1. Open Problem Steps Recorder by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , and then typing psr. In the list of results, click psr.

2. Click Start Record. On your computer, go through the steps on your computer to reproduce the problem. You can pause the recording at any time, and then resume it later.

3. Click Stop Record.

4. In the Save As dialog box, type a name for the file, and then click Save (the file is saved with the .zip file name extension).

To view the record of the steps you recorded, open the .zip file you just saved, and then double-click the file. The document will open in your browser.
Here's more about PSR
How do I use Problem Steps Recorder?

Attachments

• Relibility Monitor.zip
    462.8 KB · Views: 382
It is a useful tool, but the problem is average users don't know about it or how to use it and it's basically to show IT people the problem they are having. Typically an IT person will just have the user recreate the problem so the IT person can see the error etc.

It is a useful tool, but the problem is average users don't know about it or how to use it and it's basically to show IT people the problem they are having. Typically an IT person will just have the user recreate the problem so the IT person can see the error etc.
Thanks for your reply my friend! It's very easy to use even for average users. It can be used to teach also. You turn it on. You stop it. You save it to your desktop and then attach it to your reply. How hard is that? I have been trying to get help forums interested every sense a friend from the UK showed me how to use it. Techs just don't like changes. The Reliability Monitor is another good tool. Sure it records a lot of junk: just like the event viewer, but it can also be a big help if you monitor daily. I keep preaching back ups and these tools, but not many listen.
Thanks for your reply friend!:worship:You're doing a great job here on the forum!

Back