How to use Xbox Kinect with Skype

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
I recently got an Xbox Kinect . I wished to find a way to use it with Windows 7 . My main purpose in Windows would be as a webcam and I also wished to use it for audio .
I tried various combination of drivers and none worked as I required . Finally found a YouTube video that had all the answers and software links .

The method is to install KinectSDK-v1.0-beta2-x64 - or the 32 bit but it must be the beta 2 not the latest one . Follow the video as it will explain in detail the method to use .
Then go into system 32 and place a shortcut on the desktop of regsvr32 . make a folder
and place the regsvr32 file in there . Then follow the link in the video and download KinectCam.ax . Place that into the folder on the desktop and then place the KinectCam.ax file on top of the regsvr32 . The video will explain all this in detail .
One you have it installed and working it is fine to use it with MS Messenger and I have found you can use it for any mic orientated recording .

Last edited by a moderator:
I am providing a couple of pictures to show how well Xbox Kinect works with Skype and it's integration into the Windows 7 sound system .
KinectSkype.png

Kinectsound.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom