Windows 10 Howto manually update POS pc?

aboka

hi, would like to ask whats the 'correct' way to update a POS pc running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I hv search online rgd this matter and found the solution - disable Feature updates and update manually by downloading the update from Windows Catalog. But i got confuse about which update should i download and use and howto find their KB number

Leys say my original installation is 1903 and now i wanna update to 1909 since 2004 has just been publish recently, so will skip for now. I got so many results when i search on Google using this 'windows 10 1909 kb number'. Which one(or more?) should i choose?

Thank you,

Should be the same as a regular computer. I would contact the POS vendor though they may have requirements you need to meet

Should be the same as a regular computer. I would contact the POS vendor though they may have requirements you need to meet

hi, could you explain this in details - ' Should be the same as a regular computer '?

the POS system does not cover this. we hvto maintain our own OS.

thank you,

A POS doesn't have it's own OS. It's software running on an OS such as Windows so the process to update the operating system is the same as any other computer. You will want to talk to the POS vendor to make sure they support the upgraded version.

A POS doesn't have it's own OS. It's software running on an OS such as Windows so the process to update the operating system is the same as any other computer. You will want to talk to the POS vendor to make sure they support the upgraded version.

Ok, lets forget about the POS and talk about how we could manually download and update Windows 10. Like how do we know which update to choose from? base on their date? and how to find their KB?

Go into system settings win key + I > updates and click check for updates.

im sorry, but my question is - howto manually download windows update file from Windows catalogue and update Windows 10? how do we choose which file to download if we are using 1903 and i wanna update to 1909? and do i find the KB number? and the reason for not using what you suggest - click Update, is we dont want to risk download some bugs

That's an upgrade and not an update. Those are not available on the update catalog. You'd need to download the ISO from some third party site since

That's an upgrade and not an update. Those are not available on the update catalog. You'd need to download the ISO from some third party site since

hi, so you mean the files at Windows Catalogue is all update files, and if i want to 'upgrade'(major like 1903 to 1909 or 2004) then i will hvto download the iso from some other sites? i do it once(when i got an issue upgrading from 1903 to 1909 on one of the machine) by following the Windows troubleshooter to download the iso from Windows and update and it works. But forget the details on where and how.... :/

could u suggest some 'official' sites for the ISO download? as scare to randomly download and run stuff from unknown source

p/s - the 'upgrade' will hv all the previous updates right? i mean if i install the upgrade, it will install all the missing updates we hv postpone install

thank you,

See if this helps with your question

hi, this is Windows update assistant and what i mention earlier. hv use it once to fix a broken update. but could we choose which Update to update or it will automatically update to the latest? for example now we are on 1903 and wanna update to 1909, but the latest is 2004.

p/s - run Update on an old Widows 10 64bit 1511 to 1909 using Windows built-in updater, and the screen went black. this is very common issue after updating Windows 10. wonder why MS hvn't solve this until now. hv fix it and its bcoz MS forcefully update a wrong Graphic drivers instead of letting us choose, like in previous OS

thank you,

I believe that they are not mass sending out 2004 yet so this should be 1909.

OR look here

I probably missed the "upgrade to 1909", yeah I believe that is still the version offered from the Microsoft "Download Windows 10" site, but if you are ever looking for an older version they're not usually hosted on any "official" Microsoft sites, you just have to look for a site with the old ISO.

I believe that they are not mass sending out 2004 yet so this should be 1909.

OR look here

cool trick. hv save the link to fav. hopefully it will still works for other version in future. thanks :)

p/s - and also Thanks all other who hv help. cheers~!

Hey! I've run n this topic in purose to get to know more about restorauunt pos. Could you please help to get to know more about it?

We don't really specialize in POS software, your best bet is the POS manufacturer site for information.

Back