Windows 7 HP Envy 14 Stuck on a Never Ending Cycle of Starting Windows (Windows 7)

Elliot Feary

I hope this is the right place to post this. My HP ENVY 14 laptop now gets stuck in a never ending loop that includes the starting windows screen and the safe mode w/ networking or command prompt or start windows normally. It wouldn't start in safe mode so I decided to do a factory reset. This didn't help and now when I try to go into safe mode again it says "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" and then it comes up with an error saying "Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart the computer." Any help would be appriciated.

Hi Elliot,
if you can get into the advanced boot options (same place as safe mode) look for 'last good known configuration' and try that. If that fails to help then if you have the windows 7 install disk you could try booting from it and then instead of re-installing performing a repair instead.

I have tried the last known config part, that didn't work. Also I can't find the install dist, is there a way I could download it onto a disk or something? - Thanks

Unfortunately it says "The product key you entered appears to be for software that was pre-installed on a device. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options" is there another way to do it or will I have to contact HP?

Back