regalis

Hi----I'm having som issues with my media player 12. I'm running windows 7 home premium 64bit.
The problem is that everytime i scroll in my library I get this annoying crunching sound, and at the same time when I scroll the media player either way, up or down it slows the music i listens too. What could this be??? I am guessing it is the touchpack software. But im not sure.
I would like to hear if im the only one experiencing media player 12 problems like that on your hp touchsmart 600-1050sc

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing some issues with Windows Media Player 12 on your Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system, specifically related to sound distortion and music slowing down when scrolling within the library. This problem might be related to several factors, and troubleshooting steps can help identify and resolve the issue. Here are some suggestions you can try:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Update Sound Drivers:
- Ensure that your sound drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause sound issues. You can check the manufacturer's website for the latest drivers.
2. Disable Enhancements:
- In the sound settings, disable all enhancements to see if any effect is causing the issue. Right-click on the speaker...
It seems like you are experiencing some issues with Windows Media Player 12 on your Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system, specifically related to sound distortion and music slowing down when scrolling within the library. This problem might be related to several factors, and troubleshooting steps can help identify and resolve the issue. Here are some suggestions you can try:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Update Sound Drivers:
- Ensure that your sound drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause sound issues. You can check the manufacturer's website for the latest drivers.
2. Disable Enhancements:
- In the sound settings, disable all enhancements to see if any effect is causing the issue. Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar > Playback devices > Right-click on the default device > Properties > Enhancements tab.
3. Adjust Buffering Options:
- In Windows Media Player, you can adjust the buffering settings. This can sometimes help with sound and playback issues. Go to Tools > Options > Performance tab and adjust the buffering settings.
4. Check for Software Conflicts:
- As you mentioned, TouchPack software might be causing conflicts. Try disabling or uninstalling the TouchPack software to see if the issue resolves.
5. Clear Windows Media Player Cache:
- Clearing the cache in Windows Media Player can sometimes resolve playback issues. You can do this by navigating to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player and deleting the contents of the folder.
6. Test in Safe Mode:
- Boot your computer into Safe Mode and check if the issue persists. This can help identify if the issue is related to third-party software or drivers.
7. Test in a New User Account:
- Create a new user account on your computer and test Windows Media Player in that account to see if the issue is specific to your user profile.
8. Hardware Troubleshooting:
- If the issue persists, consider checking your hardware components, like the hard drive, for any issues that might be impacting performance.
### Regarding HP TouchSmart 600-1050sc:
- To check if there are any known issues specific to your HP TouchSmart model, I can search the Windows Forum for similar reports. Would you like me to do that for you?

Solution