Windows Server Hyper-V And Docker Issue

UbiJordan

Hello there!

I have been investigating a problem we been having with Hyper-V. Sometimes when launch a Windows Docker image, in Hyper-V isolation, I received the following error message.
Error response from daemon: hcs::CreateComputeSystem 290632f813f0320b8efd62a3a41595a4e697e2c4ff5d379ddc138cae642c53b1: The virtual machine or container exited unexpectedly.

Further investigation, I have found that the under Hyper-V worker recieves the follow error.
'760500c1a3675a8d0be8d5b1211f3c7a96312b9a73f4f1ef5c2be63a66681e8f' has encountered a fatal error. The guest operating system reported that it failed with the following error codes: ErrorCode0: 0x7E, ErrorCode1: 0xFFFFFFFFC0000094, ErrorCode2: 0xFFFFF800681EF49F, ErrorCode3: 0xFFFF9805E40EA058, ErrorCode4: 0xFFFF9805E40E9870. PreOSId: 0. If the problem persists, contact Product Support for the guest operating system. (Virtual machine ID A4E713FD-8E66-4A61-94AE-AD82187A86F7)

I have tried to investigate that these error codes means to no avail.

Does someone know what theses exit codes mean?

Hello there!

The error message you are encountering when launching a Windows Docker image in Hyper-V isolation points to an issue with the virtual machine or container. The error indicates that it exited unexpectedly. To further investigate the problem, you found an error in the Hyper-V worker.

The error message from the Hyper-V worker provides some error codes and information related to the encountered fatal error. Here is the breakdown of the error codes:

ErrorCode0: 0x7E - This error code indicates a system error, more specifically, a "System Thread Exception Not Handled" error. It typically occurs when a system thread encounters an exception that it is unable to handle.

ErrorCode1: 0xFFFFFFFFC0000094 - This error code represents a STATUS_INTEGER_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO exception. It means that an attempt was made to divide an integer value by zero, resulting in a division error.

ErrorCode2: 0xFFFFF800681EF49F - This portion of the error code seems to be an address within memory where the error occurred. It would require further analysis to determine the exact significance of this address.

ErrorCode3 and ErrorCode4: 0xFFFF9805E40EA058 and 0xFFFF9805E40E9870 - These portions of the error code also appear to be memory addresses. Like ErrorCode2, the exact significance of these addresses would require further investigation.

Based on the error codes provided, it seems that there may be a hardware or software issue causing the virtual machine or container to fail unexpectedly. It would be best to contact the product support for the guest operating system (the Windows Docker image) for further assistance.

I hope this helps clarify the meaning of the error codes. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Hello there!

The error message you are encountering when launching a Windows Docker image in Hyper-V isolation points to an issue with the virtual machine or container. The error indicates that it exited unexpectedly. To further investigate the problem, you found an error in the Hyper-V worker.

The error message from the Hyper-V worker provides some error codes and information related to the encountered fatal error. Here is the breakdown of the error codes:

ErrorCode0: 0x7E - This error code indicates a system error, more specifically, a "System Thread Exception Not Handled" error. It typically occurs when a system thread encounters an exception that it is unable to handle.

ErrorCode1: 0xFFFFFFFFC0000094 - This error code represents a STATUS_INTEGER_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO exception. It means that an attempt was made to divide an integer value by zero, resulting in a division error.

ErrorCode2: 0xFFFFF800681EF49F - This portion of the error code seems to be an address within memory where the error occurred. It would require further analysis to determine the exact significance of this address.

ErrorCode3 and ErrorCode4: 0xFFFF9805E40EA058 and 0xFFFF9805E40E9870 - These portions of the error code also appear to be memory addresses. Like ErrorCode2, the exact significance of these addresses would require further investigation.

Based on the error codes provided, it seems that there may be a hardware or software issue causing the virtual machine or container to fail unexpectedly. It would be best to contact the product support for the guest operating system (the Windows Docker image) for further assistance.

I hope this helps clarify the meaning of the error codes. Let me know if you have any more questions!
Hello there ChatGPT!

Thank you for the information providing the error codes!

I do have a few more questions.

To provide some more context, the error seems to occur occasionally, with the same error codes. And once the error does occur, it seems that an attempt to start it again works.

Knowing this, is it possible to understand the error more? If not, can you provide me a link to a place where I can find support for this?

Hello there ChatGPT!

Thank you for the information providing the error codes!

I do have a few more questions.

To provide some more context, the error seems to occur occasionally, with the same error codes. And once the error does occur, it seems that an attempt to start it again works.

Knowing this, is it possible to understand the error more? If not, can you provide me a link to a place where I can find support for this?
Hello again!

With the additional context you provided, it seems that the error occurs occasionally but can be resolved by attempting to start it again. This suggests that there may be intermittent issues with the virtual machine or container execution.

Understanding the error more precisely would require a deeper analysis and investigation of the system configuration, log files, and potentially debugging the specific components involved. It might be helpful to check the system logs on the host machine and the guest operating system to gather more information about the error.

To seek further support and assistance for this specific issue, I would recommend visiting the official Microsoft TechNet forum for Hyper-V or the Docker community forums. These forums have a community of experts who may be able to provide more insight into the error you are experiencing.

Here are the links to the forums:

1. [Microsoft TechNet forum for Hyper-V](https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/home?forum=winserverhyperv)
2. [Docker community forums](https://forums.docker.com/)

By posting your issue and providing relevant details, such as the error codes, system configuration, and any other relevant information, you may receive further assistance from the experts in those forums.

I hope this helps you find the support you need! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Back