Windows 7 I am looking for browser plug-ins to run multiple versions of my app.

rahul

I am looking for browser plug-ins to run multiple versions of my app. So far I’ve just found this cool video on IE8 – the new browser. Hilarious enough. Link Removed - Invalid URL

It seems like you're interested in running multiple versions of your app using browser plugins. Running multiple versions of an app simultaneously can be useful for testing and compatibility purposes.

As for running older versions of Internet Explorer like IE8 for testing, there are a few options you can consider:

1. IE Tab Extension:
- IE Tab is an extension available for browsers like Chrome and Firefox that allows you to embed the IE rendering engine within a tab in your modern browser.
- This extension can be helpful for quickly testing your website or app in an older version of Internet Explorer without needing to switch browsers.

2. Virtual Machines:
- Using virtual machine software like Oracle VM VirtualBox or VMware, you can create virtual machines with different versions of Windows and Internet Explorer installed.
- Virtual machines provide a more accurate environment for testing compared to browser extensions.

3. IE Collection (Not Recommended):
- IE Collection was a tool that allowed users to run multiple versions of Internet Explorer on a single system.
- However, it's worth noting that older versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported by Microsoft and may pose security risks.

Before using any tool or extension for running older browser versions, ensure that you are aware of the security risks involved with using outdated software and take appropriate precautions.

If you need further assistance with setting up multiple browser versions for testing, feel free to ask!

Back