Windows 7 I can't get a single game to run well enough to play

stevenxedge

I don't know what the problem is. ive done everything i can think of. my laptop runs very well but as soon as i start any game, it's so slow that I can't even play it. it's like looking at pictures every few seconds. I'm not sure if anyone can help but I can provide any information about my laptop that you need.

im running W7 64-bit and use a nvidia geforce 9600m gt video card. i tried updating the drivers and whatnot but they're all up to date. i dont know what other specs you need.

Whats the full spec of your computer also a list of the games your trying would also be useful.

intel(r) core(tm)2 duo cpu t5800 @ 2.00 ghz
4.00gigs of ram
nvidia geforce 9600m gt
anything else? i dont really know

i put demigod, assassins creed, graw 2, and rome: total war on here, not all four at once though but all ran equally slow.

of course theyre 64-bit compatible. and i didnt download the drivers. whatever was on my computer are the ones i use.

I would suggest you try the official Nvidia drivers located here:

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

First uninstall the Nvidia drivers if they're located in Program sand Features.

If not, go the Device Manage, choose your display adapter and choose Uninstall.

Do not reboot, but start the installation of the new drivers you downloaded from Nvidia's site.

Good luck:)

which driver from there should i use though? if im running W7 64-bit and im not sure if i mentioned im on a laptop.

Yes, uninstall the drivers if they are listed in Programs and Features.

If not, go to Device manager, choose your display adapter and choose uninstall.

Do not reboot, but start the installtion process for the new drivers you downloaded.

are you sureeee that'll work? i don't wanna screw up my computer or put an inferior driver on it or anything like that.

It's never going ot go well using the drivers built into windows. Especially with video card drivers. I'd also reinstall the latest DirectX redist after installing your drivers.

well i did all that and still the exact same. i used to run wow and cod4 on here perfectly fine with vista..

Sorry I can't be of any more help to you.

Hopefully someone will come along with more solutions.

of course theyre 64-bit compatible. and i didnt download the drivers. whatever was on my computer are the ones i use.

Hi stevenxedge,
games don't just rely on graphics. If your chipset and sound are not running as they should then this will also effect your gaming.
You really need to go through your system with a fine toothcomb and get all the up to date drivers. Also making sure your bios is the latest version too.
Games involve processing huge (and I mean huge) amounts of information and the figures are actually quite incredible. Now you can imagine that if your pc isn't running at it's best then your not going to be processing all this information fast enough. Thats why your only seeing it flash every few seconds or so as thats all the info it can process...

Your laptop manufacturer normally supplies the drivers as each model is slightly different although Nvidia now does it's own laptop drivers which is cool.
If you post the make and model I'll hopefully be able to find the drivers for you...
Also, I cannot recommend reading this enough: TweakGuides.com - Gamer's Graphics & Display Settings Guide it has some great tips as well as having lots of info...

Make sure you've got the latest Direct X too:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...4b-00d1-474e-b7b1-442d8712d553&displaylang=en

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom