Windows 7 I can't get a single game to run well enough to play

Im running W7 64-bit and use a nvidia geforce 9600m gt video card. i tried updating the drivers and whatnot but they're all up to date. i dont know what other specs you need.

shandy154,,

Could you please post your computers specifications under the UserCP link on the left hand side of the page.

That would be helpful to us.

OP expressed concern about inferior drivers......

Let's get specific to this.....

The drivers installed by windows are inferior,,,, they are default drivers to get the system running. Not the drivers you need.

You MUST get the newest drivers from the manufacturer in order to have the best drivers available.
However,,, 7 is still not released to market, (i mean, 7 is RTM, but is not on shelves),, so you can consider all drivers out now to still be beta,, even though they don't claim them as beta.

Your best option at this point really,,,,, reload windows and get all the latest drivers from the laptop manufacturer....
The first thing you should do after loading windows in download and install all drivers from the laptop manufacturer

intel(r) core(tm)2 duo cpu t5800 @ 2.00 ghz
4.00gigs of ram
nvidia geforce 9600m gt

What brand and model is your laptop?

intel(r) core(tm)2 duo cpu t5800 @ 2.00 ghz
4.00gigs of ram
nvidia geforce 9600m gt
anything else? i dont really know

i put demigod, assassins creed, graw 2, and rome: total war on here, not all four at once though but all ran equally slow.
Dude I know this is a week old, but if you read this, or anyone else, here is your issue:
All laptops are built with the GPU onboard. This means that the graphics will rely on the speed of the processor.
You would need the latest, fastest CPU, to get good results in high end games on a laptop.
All you can really do, is drop all the settings ingame. Like 1024x768 size, anti aliasing off, all others low or medium.
You can also turn off Windows Aero when getting ready to play games.
This is the same with desktops with the GPU built on the motherboard.

All laptops are built with the GPU onboard.
Actually,, that's not always true,.... not all laptops, in fact the majority of laptops have an actual GPU (let's call it) Duaghterboard (that is what it is really).

They can be upgraded (rarely, but sometimes) and changed out if they go bad.

You have to have a really crappy laptop to have a GPU that is soldered to the motherboard. Or concidered Onboard.

GPU's are no longer so reliant on the CPU (even in laptops),,, they are not the Video Cards of old.
Hence the term GPU (Graphical Processing Unit) they have PU's (Processing Units) on the video card itself to take the load off the CPU (Central Processing Unit). They can however, share the RAM which can cause a problem.

With that said,,, it is a laptop,,, your bottle neck comes from the Power Supply mostly, but even this is changing.
In the OP case,, this is either a system that is just lacking the power for those games, has a problem with the GPU itself, or some other part of the system, or drivers or corrupt OS.
I will agree that lowering the settings will give better performance.

And after some thought,,, that t5800 is not all that fast a CPU, and yes, this will have an impact on the ability to play some games. The GPU is not all that great either.

Maybe this will help

Last edited:
Your right. Now that I think about it, the bottleneck would be the memory. As a separate card has its own processor & memory.
Also, he tried some graphic intensive games. In the end, only a laptop made for gaming, would be a lot better.
i put demigod, assassins creed, graw 2, and rome: total war on here, not all four at once though but all ran equally slow.

Back
Top Bottom