Windows 7 I can't open view this quicktime .mov file in anything!?

Tycoo8

Honorable Member
Okay so I recorded a video on my ipad with my cousin to upload it on youtube. I moved it from my ipad to my computer after finishing(so yeah I deleted it from the Ipad). I opened up windows movie maker to edit it and it said, "The file C:\Users\User\Desktop\IMG_1323.MOV is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker." I tried watching it in windows media player and it didn't work. When I open it, Windows Media Player says, "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." So, i tried again in Apple Quicktime. Apple Quicktime says "Error- 2048: Couldn't open the file IMG_1323.MOV because it is not a file that QuickTime understands." So, I downloaded VLC Media Player to play it in that, "The format of 'file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/IMG_1323.MOV' cannot be detected." I even tried putting it in dropbox and going on my ipad to watch it in dropbox. I also tried putting it in google drive and watching it on my ipad and that won't work either. So basically, I can't open the file in anything. Then, I tried converting the file in a bunch of online file converters and none of the file converters would work for the file, but it wold work for other files. I also tried using RAD Tools to convert it, it wouldn't work at all. So, what's wrong with my file? Is it corrupted? If so how do I fix it? Please help!

I don't have an ipad, and I never upload anything to You-tube. Don't even know how to.
So, what I am saying is basically commonly related info.

1. Windows only support the following video formats. Windows Media Player will not play any formats other than those listed below..........
  • Video files: '.asf', '.avi', '.dvr-ms', '.m1v', '.mp2', '.mp2v', '.mpe', '.mpeg', '.mpg', '.mpv2', '.wm', and '.wmv'.

You will need a video converter to change .MOV .
Recommend selecting WMV. It's the safest format, fool-proof.

2. Can you not download the one you uploaded to U-tube and delete the one which refuses to open ?
Like you said, it could be corrupted after being worked on and tried on in so many different ways.

I don't have an ipad, and I never upload anything to You-tube. Don't even know how to.
So, what I am saying is basically commonly related info.

1. Windows only support the following video formats. Windows Media Player will not play any formats other than those listed below..........
  • Video files: '.asf', '.avi', '.dvr-ms', '.m1v', '.mp2', '.mp2v', '.mpe', '.mpeg', '.mpg', '.mpv2', '.wm', and '.wmv'.

You will need a video converter to change .MOV .
Recommend selecting WMV. It's the safest format, fool-proof.

2. Can you not download the one you uploaded to U-tube and delete the one which refuses to open ?
Like you said, it could be corrupted after being worked on and tried on in so many different ways.

Wait what do you mean download the one uploaded to youtube? I didn't upload it to youtube.... I said that I was going to upload it to youtube but I had to edit it first so that's why Put it on my computer. Sorry for not making that clear

It's obvious that the file got corrupted when you moved it from the iPad to your computer. I doubt you will be able to recover it. I don't know anything about the iPad, is it possible to recover deleted files on iOS? That's what I would look into.

OK! I know that Ipad is a really new device that people use these days and you have a big issue with a file. I think that when you did the upload the file to Windows didn't check the file if it is working after taping it at Ipad. I want you to put it back to your Ipad and see if it works, If it works then you made the file in some other video format and it can only work through Ipad. If still can't work through your original device. Unfortunately as the file is broken and sorry for that :(. When taping at Ipad or other devices try making sure it is in the format a right one to work through laptop and PC.

To open view this quicktime .mov file in Windows Movie Maker, Windows Media Player, we had better use iDealshare VideoGo to convert MOV to WMV or AVI which is more supported by Windows devices

Back
Top Bottom