Windows 10 I created a Windows 10 beginners report

ragnarok1968

I spend a lot of time on my laptop since being a disabled veteran limits what I can do. Anyhow, I created a PDF version of a report on the good , the bad and the supposed ugly of Windows 10 while, dispelling the myths regarding the telemetry. it's a positive report that states that people will eventually be forced to upgrade at some point. Here's a dropbox link to that report. nothing grand, just a simple report since I'm an insider who tests these builds as many others do.

Dropbox - Windows 10.pdf

free to download or view!

I don't know if you can do it on Windows 10 home, but in settings > privacy you can set telemetry to basic on Windows 10 Pro. This will limit the data sent to MS to generic stats. You don't want to set it to off since Windows updates needs it to be at least basic to get updates.

I have Windows 10 Pro and little telemetry goes to Microsoft. I use two free programs. 1) Antispy for Windows 10 by ashampoo.com and 2) Spybot Anti beacon by Spybot. I also have checked the hosts file and it looks good. In the host file, for example, oca.telemetry.microsoft.com is redirected to my local IP address, 127.0.0.1 so that no telemetry data is sent to Microsoft. The windows updates works fine.

Sent from my Mix using Tapatalk

I don't know if you can do it on Windows 10 home, but in settings > privacy you can set telemetry to basic on Windows 10 Pro. This will limit the data sent to MS to generic stats. You don't want to set it to off since Windows updates needs it to be at least basic to get updates.
Actually, Windows 10 Pro allows for the users to stop forced updates by going to the group policy settings. ( in regards to forced updates).

I have Windows 10 Pro and little telemetry goes to Microsoft. I use two free programs. 1) Antispy for Windows 10 by ashampoo.com and 2) Spybot Anti beacon by Spybot. I also have checked the hosts file and it looks good. In the host file, for example, oca.telemetry.microsoft.com is redirected to my local IP address, 127.0.0.1 so that no telemetry data is sent to Microsoft. The windows updates works fine.

Sent from my Mix using Tapatalk
The telemetry isn't spying, rather diagnostics that give MS knowledge of issues with the OS. I used to think it was spyware

Back
Top Bottom