Windows 7 I.E 10 not seeing some folders

Brando

Ive run into an issue that other have noted via a Google search, that I.E 10 arbitrarily wont see certain folders when doing things like trying to attach a file( .jpg) using gmail or yahoo.
the folder are visible using windows explorer, just not when trying to access them with I>E
Ive tried attributing each folder to hidden and then unhidden.
i also tried renaming each folder( by just changing one letter to a CAP) that didnt work either.

IS there a working fix for this bug?
Thanks

I may not have the answer for you. However, if you answer the following questions, one of us maybe able to figure out the cause of the problem......

1. Were you ever able to attach a .jpg file in gmail while using IE10, or does this problem happen since day one of installing IE10?

2. Did you have this problem when you were using the older version of IE, such as IE9 or IE8?

3. Do you have this problem if you use a different browser?

thank you for the response !

I may not have the answer for you. However, if you answer the following questions, one of us maybe able to figure out the cause of the problem......

1. Were you ever able to attach a .jpg file in gmail while using IE10, or does this problem happen since day one of installing IE10?

It does happen since the installation of IE 10, to clarify, when we want to attach a file , when we navigate to a folder ( my pictures) only a limited ( 6 of 36) sub-folders are visible. If we want to attach a file(.jpg) from one of those folders, there is no problem, the issue is we don't see the remaining 30 sub-folders in "my pictures" .

2. Did you have this problem when you were using the older version of IE, such as IE9 or IE8?
No, everything functioned correctly

3. Do you have this problem if you use a different browser?

Have not tried, but as ive read, this is a known issue with IE 10, and the person who owns the computer is not interested in using a different browser of at all possible.[/quote]

Ever since IE10 was introduced to Windows 7 SP1 users, there were a lot of complaints of various issues.
I thought MS had them resolved by now.

I do not have a definitive solution for you, except suggestions......

1. Make sure you have Windows Updates up-to-date.
2. Clear your IE cache:
Open IE10 > top, click Tools > bottom, Internet Options > under Browsing history, click Delete > checkmarks on top 4 boxes > click Delete.
3. Reset your IE10:
Open IE10 > top, click Tools > bottom, Internet Options > top, Advanced > click Reset > follow the prompts.

4. If none helps, consider uninstalling IE10. The system will revert back to your previous IE version automatically.
If you want to do that, please post back.

I had problems with 10 also just went back to 9.

IE10 is an update. As such, it will be offered in Windows Update again.
If your Windows Update is set at Auto, IE10 will be automatically re-installed into your machine.
Change update to Manual.
When IE10 shows up in Windows Update again, "hide " it so that it will not show up for install again.

i think the best method will be to just uninstall IE 10.
Any special procedure other than just going to control panel/programs/uninstall?
Plan is to uninstall it, restart, manually run windows update and see if it shows IE 10 and then "hide" it rather than sey updates to manual and wait for it to appear.

IE10 is not considered as a program. You won't find it in Programs and features.
Please follow the instructions below and pay attention to the bold print words......
How to uninstall IE10 :
Start button > in the search box, type programs and features > Enter > left side, click View Installed Updates > scroll down to Microsoft Windows heading to find Windows Internet Explorer 10 > right click > click Uninstall.
Restart the computer.
It will revert back to the previous IE version.
uninstall IE10.png

Some unfinished business after uninstalling IE10....................
Set Windows Update to Manual :
IE10 will come up in Windows Update again, and it will be installed if Windows Update is set at Automatic.
To set Windows Update at Manual will give you option to install or not to install.
Start > in the search box, type windows update > press Enter > left side, click Change Settings > under Important Updates, click the pointer and change it to " Download updates but let me choose whether to install Them " > click OK when done.
How to “ hide “ or “ restore “ hidden updates :
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html

Plan is to uninstall it, restart, manually run windows update and see if it shows IE 10 and then "hide" it rather than sey updates to manual and wait for it to appear.

No. You don't know when IE10 will be offered again.
If you do not change it to Manual Update, IE10 will get reinstalled without you.

Ok, i have uninstalled IE 10, restarted, problem persists.
I recall an issue somnetime ago whering i ran into a virus that hide many many files and folders, but i was able to restore the attributes with a bat file.
Not sure if this is a similar issue, but these folders are "Hiding", even now when accessing with IE9

Back
Top Bottom