Windows 7 I get a BSOD when I put any type of disk in my burner.

Grubbworm

My machine is a HP a1250n, AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0 GHz, 2 GB ram . My DVD burner is a HP 740b- 16x DVD(+/-)R/RW (+/-)R DL LightScribe drive. I also have an EVGA Nvidia 8600 GTS Superclocked. I have a dual boot setup on two hard drives with XP(250) and Vista(320). Every time that I put a disk (cd or dvd) in my DVD burner when I am in Vista, I get a BSOD. When I am in XP my burner works just fine. I have tried updating drivers, both in device manager and on the HP website. Can anybody help me? If you need more info, just ask.

Hi Grubbworm,

Have you tried seeing if there's an update for the firmware?

I did have a quick look and indeed there is such an update.. Check it out here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Yes, I have tried that already. The link you found is for XP, but not Vista. The problem I am having is in Vista. Thank you for your trouble.

Hi, I did realise the link is for XP but I thought it may help in any case.. As you've already tried it then another solution must be sought..

I've had a good look but can't find a update for vista.. Have you actually applied the xp update? If not, give it a try anyway or you could try using slower disks?

Hopefully other forum members will shout out some more ideas...

Yes, I have tried that already. The link you found is for XP, but not Vista. The problem I am having is in Vista. Thank you for your trouble.
The firmware that you speak of is designed so you can update it while running XP. It will still be updated in Vista it just don't have software that will allow you to update it while running Vista.

The firmware that you speak of is designed so you can update it while running XP. It will still be updated in Vista it just don't have software that will allow you to update it while running Vista.

Thats what I was kinda thinking... I'd definately give the download a try..

I know this may be a long shot but have you tried changing the 'jumper setting' at the back of the drive? If you have it set to master for example, try changing it to 'Cable select'..

Like I said, I've got a dual boot setup. It worked fine in both drives, prior to my reloading both drives. Although, prior to that it was acting up in XP and working fine in Vista. I just bought a new DVD drive and installed it last night. It did not work in Vista either. I get this message: IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO and this 0x000000d1 (0x00000464, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x82524f01), as well as this ataport.sys- address 82524f01, base at 82519000, datestamp 47918f74. I get this message when I insert any disk in the drive.

Hmm....weird problem. Here's a site for stop messages for starters:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Also, altho' this is just a hunch, check your memory. A stick may have gone bad or faulty.

I found my problem. Thanks for all of the helpful input. As it turns out, my issue was software related. Pinnacle Media Suite Plus v10.8, once removed in both operating systems the burners worked in either one. I guess I'll have to write a letter to the company and see if they can do anything about it, since we paid good money for the program. Thanks again for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom