Windows 7 I have a GATEWAY Model number MT6834b running the home version of windows 7 running at 1.73Ghz. the question is "Is it possible to run windows 10

Yorky

I have a GATEWAY Laptop Model MT6834b running at 1.73Ghz with 2Gig of RAM. The O.S. is the Windows 7 Home version. Question "Is is possible to run Windows 10 on this machine?

Could work image your OS disk and try, make sure you get the needed drivers. Win1 0 is pretty good and getting the needed drivers but if the ones needed are old you will have to get them yourself. If it doesn't just reinstall the image.

no Windows 10 will not run on only 2 Gig Ram... 4 is the death and 8-16 is really recommended

your 2 options are; buy another Laptop [best value] or install Linux [learn to use it and put up with slowness]

no Windows 10 will not run on only 2 Gig Ram... 4 is the death and 8-16 is really recommended

your 2 options are; buy another Laptop [best value] or install Linux [learn to use it and put up with slowness]

thank you ussnorway. As I thought. Just means I will have to dig deeper into the piggy bank.

Not totally true I have a compute stick plugged into my TV running win10 home. Albeit it is slow but does what I want on my TV browsing, zoom, ETC.
It really depends on what you want to do on the LT.

Back