Windows 10 I have just installed Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Evaluation

Erez

And now I have a watermark on the most right bottom side of the screen that says: "Windows License valid for 90 days".
What that means? Why did I get this watermark? Will Windows become invalid, locked and unusable in 90 days? If yes then why? I got it for free. What should I do to remove this watermark and make sure that I have this Windows forever?

Will Windows become invalid, locked and unusable in 90 days?
yes evaluation = temp

What should I do to remove this watermark and make sure that I have this Windows forever?
the free option is over now and windows 10 is not cheap... perhaps you should try one of the linux systems instead?

Where do I see how much days left until windows expires? And if windows has been expired, can I still use it? If yes then what are the limitations then?

the max licence your company can purchase (at this time) from Microsoft is until 2026... afaia there is no single person option but I'm not Microsoft

release info = Windows 10 release information - current branch, build history but the 2016 ltsb is not officially out yet so this table doesn't have it... after the 1st of oct, this table should be updated but again, thats up to Microsoft

p.s, going by past ltsb builds, once the test period is over the system will stop booting and the hdd needs a format before other builds can be installed.

I believe you are confused and are using a FREE copy of a very high-end business license of W10. It is NOT intended for Home Users. Unless you are planning on deploying this in a large business ($100 Million dollars US per year revenue or larger), this is not for you. In order to get rid of the "Watermark" you refer to, you'd have to buy a legit license to convert your Trial version to an Activated version. There is no other way to get rid of it as you ask.:noway:

In order to do this, you must already be an approved Microsoft Volume Licensing site. This takes a lot of work and if your company is too small (<$100 Million/Yr.) as mentioned, you can't even get approved to buy the product you are using.:ohno:

The other way to get this product is if you are a Microsoft Certified Tech or Engineer such as a MCP or MCSE or one of the other many other professional certificated Microsoft people. There is a program called MSDN which is for these Techs and Engineers to use as well as software developers who work directly with Microsoft to develop software for Windows. This subscription used to cost about $1,500 US per year to have and use; that was about 15 years ago. I have no idea what it costs now, but due to inflation I'm sure it's substantially more than that now. We have some Microsoft certified folks here on the forum, they can chime in what current costs are for that subscription. In addition to this, MSDN subscribers have to meet additional qualifications in order to purchase software, such as business revenues of sales of Microsoft software in their organization, country, locale, etc. An example of this is that if you work for a company that is a Microsoft Platinum Dealer or Reseller, you could have your company get the subscription free with the other business services they are paying to Microsoft; usually a slice of the pie that the Platinum Partner or Reseller sells of Microsoft products to their customers. Individuals can get the MSDN subscription on their own (at least they used to), but it's expensive--at least $1,500 US per year as mentioned). However, the individual MUST be Microsoft Certified in 1 or more disciplines such as Window7, and Windows Server 2008 R2, etc. There are additional qualifications today that may be required to get this subscription, you have to check with your local Microsoft office in whatever State or Country you are living in to do this. Or if you are working for a company, you can check with your IT management and they can tell you how to access it if they already have it, or if they don't have it what it would take for your company to get it. Again, that's a call and probably a face-to-face meeting with a Microsoft Rep.o_O

Given all this information, even if you have the MSDN subscription, that doesn't make the software you have legit, you still have to sign up for and purchase VOLUME LICENSING, or SITE LICENSING (as it used to be called). This can cost from $20-$200 per User or per Device. For example, if your company has 10 PCs, you could pay from $200-$2000 US to license W10 Enterprise LTSB on each of those computers. I don't know what Microsoft's current requirements are; but 15 years ago, if you didn't have at least 50 PCs in your business, you would not qualify for the Volume Licensing program, which means your company (not you personally) could not even buy Enterprise Windows products at all! :down: Again, this could have changed in the last 15 years.

Bottom line is, someone who works in a company that gave you the software did so illegally, as that act violates their license agreement with Microsoft. :noway: If you found a way to download it from the Microsoft site, it's probably ok for you to run it on your personal PC, but to buy it would cost you thousands of dollars, probably more in order to activate even your 1 copy.:waah: If you downloaded it through P2P sites such as uTorrent or Pirate Bay; I would delete it off your machine immediately as you are again in violation of Microsoft copyright infringement and they tend to go after the people who posted in on those sharing sites, and that would include you if you continue to run it. :pirate: That software is never intended for Home or End-User use; business use only!

Here are some links for you if you are trying to buy this version of W10 Enterprise for your business or company you work for and legitimately purchase it given all the requirements I mention above:

MICROSOFT VOLUME LICENSING:
Microsoft Volume Licensing – Windows 10
MICROSOFT VDA/SOFTWARE ASSURANCE
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/452.virtual-desktop-access-vda.aspx

What you will notice in these Microsoft articles is the lack of pricing--Enterprise product licensing hasn't been on the web since it's inception unless you go through an authorized Microsoft reseller such as CDW or PC Mall. Typically they don't even publish volume licensing pricing in their catalogs other than baseline product bundles. You can check their websites or call them. But, it's a whole can of worms you are opening if you are attempting to do this for your business or the company you work for. You should be going through your IT department or IT outsourcer if your company has one. Sorry!:(

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

I don't think the OP is asking about the License but rather the length of time that one (anyone) can use the "Evaluation" or "Trial" version of windows, which just happens to be the Enterprise version.

@Bass: Sort of, I'm reading that differently.:confused: Yes, it's 90 days evaluation period. No, there is no way for him to fix it or even buy it unless he's got a very expensive MSDN subscription AND is Microsoft Certified OR works for a business or education institution with a VOLUME LICENSING OR VDA AGREEMENT on file with Microsoft. He does ask how he can fix it, how he can get rid of the "Watermark", and how he can buy it and why. I thought I did a pretty complete job of answering his question.:cool:
BBJ

@Bass: Sort of, I'm reading that differently.:confused: Yes, it's 90 days evaluation period. No, there is no way for him to fix it or even buy it unless he's got a very expensive MSDN subscription AND is Microsoft Certified OR works for a business or education institution with a VOLUME LICENSING OR VDA AGREEMENT on file with Microsoft. He does ask how he can fix it, how he can get rid of the "Watermark", and how he can buy it and why. I thought I did a pretty complete job of answering his question.:cool:
BBJ
Yes you did.

Back