Windows 7 I have Win 7 installed. On 22nd can I pay my money and

kiwited

Hello

I have Windows 7 Enterprise installed and it works perfectly.

On 22 October I will buy Win 7 Ultimate. Do I have to clean install, or can I register and activate my Enterprise online so that it reverts to Windows 7 Ultimate?

If not, what? Ideas welcome

Thanks

Kiwited

What was the question?

Ok

I have windows 7 enterprise installed. After a few months it will shut down once an hour becuase it is for evaluation only.

When Windows 7 is released on 22 October Can I buy a legit Windows 7 Ultimate. The question is: Do I have to clean install my new W7U, or can I perform an upgrade?

Thanks

Kiwited

Since the word is you need an activated copy of a prior OS installed for an upgrade, I'm betting you will have to do a clean install. Even a upgrade using the custom option may not work because of the activation requirement. Maybe if you purchased the full edition and not an upgrade, you could use a valid key to activate the current install. But I do not know for sure about these types of details.

Considering some unauthorized software may have some little surprises in it, you might want to do a clean install using your newly purchased version just for safety sake. And this is all with the understanding you are talking about Ultimate.

Back
Top Bottom